- Sep 19, 2012
Latest Paper Talk
Sunday March 20
Sunday March 20
- Jose Mourinho has signed a pre-contract deal to replace Louis van Gaal at Manchester United, according to reports in Spain.
- Jurgen Klopp will let Jordan Henderson leave Liverpool this summer if his skipper wants to go.
- Meanwhile, Christian Benteke will be offered a route out of Liverpool by Juventus who are lining up a move for the Belgium striker as a long-term replacement for Mario Mandzukic.
- Chelsea fancy snapping up Athletic Bilbao's £20m-rated Spanish midfielder Oscar de Marcos this summer.
- Louis van Gaal claims Manchester United need a director of football, even if he stays as boss, and has told friends in Holland that running the club from top to bottom is almost impossible without help.
- Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick, 34, turned down "crazy money" from China to stay at Old Trafford.
- Everton are looking to swoop for Bolton centre-back Rob Holding if they lose their battle to hold onto John Stones this summer.
- Nigel Pearson has been put on alert as the next manager of Middlesbrough.
- Arsenal face a battle this summer to keep hold of star striker Alexis Sanchez, with Juventus keen to bring the 27-year-old Chile international back to Serie A.
- Pablo Zabaleta has admitted that Manchester City stars have been unsettled by the looming arrival of Pep Guardiola.
- Mauricio Pochettino has alerted his Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to one of Argentina's brightest young stars in Jonathan Calleri.
- Manchester United are chasing Valencia's 22-year-old midfielder Andre Gomes.
- Pep Guardiola could make Bayern Munich's £10m-rated Sebastian Rode one of his first signings at Manchester City.
- Leicester City's title tilt will be handed a boost this week when key backrroom men Steve Walsh and Craig Shakespeare sign new contracts.
- Aston Villa manager Remi Garde is on the verge of being sacked after four months in charge of the Premier League's bottom club.
- Manchester United are facing another summer of strife over David De Gea, with Real Madrid poised to make a renewed attempt to sign the goalkeeper.
- Manchester United are reportedly ready to launch a major bid for Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos.
- Manchester City will launch a £60m bid for Manchester United and Liverpool target Robert Lewandowski this summer.
- Liverpool are reportedly eyeing a double raid on Bundesliga side FC Cologne this summer, with goalkeeper Timo Horn and defender Jonas Hector wanted by Jurgen Klopp.
- Chelsea's hopes of appointing Roma director Walter Sabatini have taken a blow despite the Italian revealing he will quit the Rome club at the end of the season.
- Louis van Gaal has held crisis talks with Manchester United players as the under-fire boss bids to save his side's season ahead of the derby.
- Manchester City have joined the race for Rennes winger Ousmane Dembele as Barcelona and Bayern Munich keep tabs on French starlet.
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge won't have any training restrictions placed on him by Jurgen Klopp when he joins up with England this week.
- Tottenham are targeting 22-year-old Deportivo Maldonado striker Jonathan Calleri.
- Remi Garde will be axed as Aston Villa boss this week.
- The Premier League are in negotiations to introduce up to 16 of their clubs' U21s teams into the Football League's Johnstone's Paint Trophy next season.
- Jamie Carragher has warned Newcastle that Rafael Benitez will attempt to turn them into 'robots' in order to salvage their Premier League status.
- Jurgen Klopp will consider jettisoning his captain Jordan Henderson as he prepares to rebuild the Liverpool squad this summer.
- Jose Mourinho will make Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane his No 1 priority transfer target - if he replaces Louis van Gaal at Manchester United.