Pro Cycling 2020 **Giro d'Italia 2020 **

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Don’t think the others will lose their sights on him one bit anymore so can’t see him gaining time. However if he’s in yellow on Friday, he maybe has enough grinta to survive two days in the mountains. This is basically Voeckler 2.0 but Alaphilippe is way more talented and thus harder to get rid off. Would be one of the stories of the last decade if he can keep this up.

Crazy to think that the French hope was resting on Bardet’s shoulders but instead they could’ve been 1 and 2 had Pinot not lost that stupid time last week.

Exciting week ahead.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Thats it for G. He wont it this year i'm afraid. Froome cant come back soon enough for Ineos.
Can't help thinking that GT's win last year was a bit of a PR exercise by Sky. With all the fallout from the Froome drug test scandal, it would not have been good for the team for him to win again, but Froome seeing his teammate over the line was just what was needed.

Had Froome not had that catastrophic accident, get well soon btw :), he'd have walked it this year, which would have been fantastic PR for the new team.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Can't help thinking that GT's win last year was a bit of a PR exercise by Sky. With all the fallout from the Froome drug test scandal, it would not have been good for the team for him to win again, but Froome seeing his teammate over the line was just what was needed.

Had Froome not had that catastrophic accident, get well soon btw :), he'd have walked it this year, which would have been fantastic PR for the new team.
He wouldn’t. I doubt he ever wins the Tour again.

RedFish

Thomas was selected as co leader, it wssmt a PR exercise. He proved to be the strongest rider. He's there as leader on merit.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He was the strongest rider be in last years tour, no doubt about it. He's second thus far. He's not some flash in the pan.
I was talking about Froome. Thomas is still in it but not good enough in the mountains to win it this year imo.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
If Pinot can continue his current form into the Alps then he’ll win. Can’t see Alaphilippe surviving another 3 mountain stages in yellow and Bernal looks stronger than Thomas or Kruijswijk. Thomas doesn’t look 100% compared to last year, too much partying in the off season me thinks. Kruijswijk is a dark horse, the softer gradients of the Alps will suit him compared to the Pyrenees and he always seems to get stronger as the race goes on. Team Jumbo look awesome as well. Bernal looks very strong, the best climber for Ineos in this years Tour. But yeah, Pinot looks like the man to beat at the moment.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Looking like Bernal for me. I remember some of his climbing in the 3rd week last week was epic and he's grown up at these altitudes.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Great sprint by Caleb Ewan. Amazing power from a guy so tiny.
Shout out to the great scenery around Nimes too. Fantastic stuff.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Steels says that Alaphilippe won't try to gain time in the latter parts of today's stage. It could be a big smokescreen but I think he's being genuine, which is unfortunate. I'd love to see him go on that last hill and then descend like a madman.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Steels says that Alaphilippe won't try to gain time in the latter parts of today's stage. It could be a big smokescreen but I think he's being genuine, which is unfortunate. I'd love to see him go on that last hill and then descend like a madman.
Would be shooting himself in the foot if he tries that. Even if he somehow gains 30 seconds it will surely come back and haunt him. The Alps are unforgiving.

QS must be kicking themselves not protecting Ala from the moment he got the yellow jersey. For about 10 days he was wasting unnecessary energy carrying bottles and helping Viviani in the sprints.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cynic in me believes they wouldn't have thrown them out if two French guys on other teams weren't in contention.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Cynical me agrees. Looked like handbags to me. The officials must have seen somethings the TV didn’t highlight.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Crazy that they're thrown out, absolutely ridiculous decision. That kind of thing goes on in every stage, especially in the Tour. I hope it gets revoked after their apology but won't hold my breath knowing the UCI.

Should be a good one today although the stage is too long to be exciting from the start. I'm expecting a big breakaway which could last until the finish (Wellens and every other rider with intentions for the mountain jersey should be there considering all the double points up for grabs). It's a pity (and dangerous considering the difficulty of the descend to Valloire) that the finish isn't on top of the Galibier, but should be fireworks nonetheless. Such an epic, beautiful mountain, the best landscapes in the Alpes and my second favourite after the Madeleine. It's a pity they're not doing the full climb including the Télégraphe. If Pinot still has good legs, he should go early as differences could be massive there.

My prediction: Bardet wins the stage after being in front all day, Alaphilippe cracks with the top of the Galibier in sight, right around where they pass the tunnel. Should have enough ability in the descend to keep the yellow jersey one day longer and limit the damage. If Ineos and TJV have enough firepower left, they'll make it a very hard race from the Izoard onwards (and hopefully even from the Col de Vars) to isolate and suffocate Alaphilippe.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Crazy start, a lot of chaos and nobody able to get away so far. This is gonna be a fun day.

EDIT: it's finally happened now, group including Quintana, Bardet and Wellens is gone. Don't think they'll get that much leeway from the peloton though with Quintana being there who's only at 9mins or so from Alaphilippe.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Feck off Thomas. Ineos though :lol: Wankers.

ctp

They left the attack too late. Alaphilippe will catch them again on the descent.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
They left the attack too late. Alaphilippe will catch them again on the descent.
Bernal would've had around a minute if Thomas wouldn't have acted so moronic. Bernal did it quite perfect, he has more than enough time and mountains left tomorrow and Friday to make up around a minute to Alaphilippe. Laughable and pathetic behaviour by Thomas.

Watching Alaphilippe descend is a sight to behold though.

vangagal

Bernal leapfrog G into 2nd in GC battle by only mere 5 seconds. I hope Brailsfold let Bernal race next two stages. G has been disappointing in this race. But GC still wide open untill the end.

Ramos

Bernal deserves to win it. Hope he can replicate that attack again tomorrow or the day after.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thomas is such a cnut :lol: took some 30 seconds off bernal there, wow :houllier:

Ex cyclists on italian tv are livid :lol::lol::lol: shredding thomas and ineos as a whole

Bernal's gone from that team next year

Kag

I’m no cycling aficionado (I like to watch the odd stage here and there) but surely Bernal would win this if Ineos sacked off Thomas and supported the former up the mountains.

He left the rest of them with ease.

NM

I’m no cycling aficionado (I like to watch the odd stage here and there) but surely Bernal would win this if Ineos sacked off Thomas and supported the former up the mountains.

He left the rest of them with ease.
No. Pinot is as strong and has left Bernal behind as wel . I reckon one of them will take it

F-Red

No. Pinot is as strong and has left Bernal behind as wel . I reckon one of them will take it
Pinot's only real support from his team, Gaudu, showed signs of cracking. If Pinot is to do this, then he's flying solo. At this stage, i can't see past an Ineos victory at the minute due to the team they have left in the GC.

The Bernal sprint today looked to me a test from Ineos to see who Alaphilippe would follow, and they'll keep the same time gap between Bernal & Thomas until the very last stage to then play their hand, to keep the others guessing. It's clear from everything Bernal is saying is that Thomas is calling the shots.

NM

Pinot's only real support from his team, Gaudu, showed signs of cracking. If Pinot is to do this, then he's flying solo. At this stage, i can't see past an Ineos victory at the minute due to the team they have left in the GC.

The Bernal sprint today looked to me a test from Ineos to see who Alaphilippe would follow, and they'll keep the same time gap between Bernal & Thomas until the very last stage to then play their hand, to keep the others guessing. It's clear from everything Bernal is saying is that Thomas is calling the shots.
Alaphilippe didnt follow because he couldn't, not because he didnt want to.

Sky have the strongest team but I reckon Pinot is the strongest climber and can make up the 30 seconds he needs on Bernal. I expect Alaphilippe to crack on the final mountain

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That's Pinot fecked, already 2mins behind - clearly in pain, it's better he simply gives up at this point.

Surprised to see Bardet let go - huge opportunity for Wellens to snag some points on the Iseran.