Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bojan11

I think for a game that gives you plenty of entertainment it isn't bad value. You can pay £70 and more for a United ticket for 90 minutes 'entertainment'. But I will be slightly more cautious about buying games, no doubt.

And I imagine retailers will sell more in the £50-£60 range anyway.
Sony games are £70 btw. Activision and 2k put the RRP to £65. ShopTo are selling both their games for £58.

And a £70 game on PSN would cost me £68. Buying the below code

https://www.shopto.net/en/dls551022-playstation-wallet-top-up-80-00-p52483/

I would also have £10 left over for my next purchase.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Aha nah. I may get one one day when there’s some decent games out for it. Ratchet and Clank doesn’t excite me as much as it must excite Elvis.
Didn't actually play the PS4 ones, though I do think the new one looks like a lot of fun. More interested in HZD2 and God of War 2 though, incredible games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've not lapped anything up. I know buying new games is something Xbox owners don't do because there aren't any. Perhaps one day you'll understand.
I’ll be playing the new cod on my new Xbox for the foreseeable. Enjoy the kids game you’re pretending to be excited about

Bojan11

I’ll be playing the new cod on my new Xbox for the foreseeable. Enjoy the kids game you’re pretending to be excited about
Don’t forget cross gen games. As that was what Elvis was banging on about for last 6 months.

Bojan11

They'll run better on PS5 because Series S will hold Series X back.
Nope. I will refer you to the above, what reliable Capcom insider Dusk said about Resident Village. It’s the PS5 that’s holding back Series X and PC for that matter. Typical.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

XBox owners (when not console warring) over the next ~7 years...

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Why is there so much animosity/loyalty in this thread? You guys remind me of apple fanboys.

Tiber

Why is there so much animosity/loyalty in this thread? You guys remind me of apple fanboys.
I quite enjoy a bit of Xbox bashing. Plus I have genuine brand loyalty to PlayStation.

It helps that the games are so much better

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They don’t seem to realise it’s them that cause it. I’ve only ever spoken about fahcts and responded to their lame behaviour.

PlayStation FC

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They don’t seem to realise it’s them that cause it. I’ve only ever spoken about fahcts and responded to their lame behaviour.

PlayStation FC
Come on Veeva, you're as entrenched as the lot of us, you just happened to pick the wrong side. ;)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So Xbox now has more next-gen only exclusives announced than PS5.. huh

Bojan11

There you go @VeevaVee

How long before I have to pay for last of us 2 again? I saved that specifically because it’s the perfect game to update for PS5. I won’t be happy paying for upgrades from console manufacturers and that goes for MS. All their games should be upgraded free and they should set example to the third party publisher.

Tiber

Apparently Spiderman isn't just an upres like most games getting a PS5 patch, they have gone back and added a load of new character models etc and done a mini remaster.

But I've already completed it so not overly fussed to be honest. IL just play the new one

Bojan11

Apparently Spiderman isn't just an upres like most games getting a PS5 patch, they have gone back and added a load of new character models etc and done a mini remaster.

But I've already completed it so not overly fussed to be honest. IL just play the new one
CD Project Red are going to give proper upgrades for the next gen consoles. If they can do that for free, so can Sony.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Come on Veeva, you're as entrenched as the lot of us, you just happened to pick the wrong side. ;)
Nah I like both consoles, to be honest. I obviously think the Xbox is better for me because that's why I'm getting it.

Look at my posts, apart those clearly trying to wind Elvis up, there's nothing there but logic and stone cold facts. On the other side is Elvis defending anything Sony do, and constantly saying Xbox has no launch games while pretending Rachet and Clank is the best thing that's ever happened, then admitting he's never played one before. Also multiple people making out the digital PS5 is good value and therefore a Series S killer, which isn't the case and I've simply proven it as much. I've only ever shut down the PS spiceboys.

TrustInJanuzaj

Nah I like both consoles, to be honest. I obviously think the Xbox is better for me because that's why I'm getting it.

Look at my posts, apart those clearly trying to wind Elvis up, there's nothing there but logic and stone cold facts. On the other side is Elvis defending anything Sony do, and constantly saying Xbox has no games while pretending Rachet and Clank is the best thing that's ever happened, then admitting he's never played one before.
Fair enough fella. Can't say I'm that level headed on the matter, only ever known Playstation.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fair enough fella. Can't say I'm that level headed on the matter, only ever known Playstation.
I was always Playstation up until a load of my mates went Xbox. I was fine with that as the controller is nicer to use and the PS exclusives were even less interesting at the time. There was literally nothing else between them, apart from how highly Xbox Live was regarded at the time, but to me if you're playing online you're playing online.

Now there's a few PS exclusives that interest me but they're not enough to pull me away from the Xbox package. I might get one if prices come down eventually but dunno. Most of the best games for me are third party anyway so it may not ever feel worth it.

TrustInJanuzaj

I was always Playstation up until a load of my mates went Xbox. I was fine with that as the controller is nicer to use and the PS exclusives were even less interesting at the time. There was literally nothing else between them, apart from how highly Xbox Live was regarded at the time, but to me if you're playing online you're playing online.

Now there's a few PS exclusives that interest me but they're not enough to pull me away from the Xbox package. I might get one if prices come down eventually but dunno. Most of the best games for me are third party anyway so it may not ever feel worth it.
Yeh that’s fair enough. I get the impression you are probably a bigger online gamer than myself to be honest (nothing wrong with that) but I just love a good single player experience above anything else and some of the recent first party games on PlayStation have been exceptional and really push the boat out both technically and from a gameplay perspective. I don’t think Xbox ever really catered to my market and I have always felt (especially in the 360 era) that Xbox was the place for online gaming especially with the halo scene, COD probably being bigger, party chat etc.

It does appear that Xbox is trying to rectify that slightly now with the purchase of developers such as Obsidian who make games that are much more appealing to me. If they deliver on that I’d be very tempted by the S.

Baneofthegame

I’m not sure why it’s a big thing tbh, I’ve had every Xbox since launch bar this gen, for single player games and exclusives I feel that PS is better, plus my friends all have PS.

Whatever you enjoy is down to you, definitely feel the game pass from Xbox is fantastic, might build a PC in the near future or even get an Xbox as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
This brand loyalty nonsense is so weird. Couldn't give a toss really and usually just buy whatever I'm feeling at the time.

I enjoyed the original Xbox and the 360 with their exclusives (Gears, Forza, Halo) then grabbed the PS4 when I got a crazy deal on it and was happy to enjoy Spiderman, God of War, The Last of Us and Zero Dawn. Looks like PS edges the exclusives battle in the next gen so far imo.

It's weird as well because I told a mate I'd pre-ordered the PS5 yesterday and he sent me a shit meme about Sony fanboys clearly from a MS fanboy about how the new Xbox beats it in every way. It's very odd. He does know I could just buy both if I wanted?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeh that’s fair enough. I get the impression you are probably a bigger online gamer than myself to be honest (nothing wrong with that) but I just love a good single player experience above anything else and some of the recent first party games on PlayStation have been exceptional and really push the boat out both technically and from a gameplay perspective. I don’t think Xbox ever really catered to my market and I have always felt (especially in the 360 era) that Xbox was the place for online gaming especially with the halo scene, COD probably being bigger, party chat etc.

It does appear that Xbox is trying to rectify that slightly now with the purchase of developers such as Obsidian who make games that are much more appealing to me. If they deliver on that I’d be very tempted by the S.
I like single player games too. Red dead, GTA, The Witcher, Skyrim and the like are plenty to keep me going. Looking forward to Cyberpunk and whenever the new Skate comes out, which has the opportunity to blend single player and online really well, so hopefully they don’t squander that.

evil_geko

I used to be a big PlayStation fan during the PS1 and PS2 era, but after PS2 the magic just wasn't there anymore, not even close. Also the PS toxic fanbase doesn't help the case. I would never trade the PC gaming for any of the consoles now though. I just love all the game tinkering, modding freedom, price freedom etc.

Bojan11

I used to be a big PlayStation fan during the PS1 and PS2 era, but after PS2 the magic just wasn't there anymore, not even close. Also the PS toxic fanbase doesn't help the case. I would never trade the PC gaming for any of the consoles now though. I just love all the game tinkering, modding freedom, price freedom etc.
Agree. @Mr Pigeon and @esmufc07 the way they treated you was ridiculous over your opinions on the last of us 2.

You are welcome any time in Xbox threads. Nobody will attack you, I will make sure of it as I look after all the xboxers.

Tiber

Fair enough. Personally I never enjoyed a generation as much as PS4, the games were simply stellar.

I also have a gaming PC, which I enjoy. Though i'm not sure the PC community is a shining example of non-toxicity.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Imagine letting people’s opinions on the internet affect your decision to buy a console.