Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm not payinig £125 for it to be broken out of the box. It's a joke. I expected this thing to last 3 years and it didn't last 3 minutes!
If you paid that much you obviously want it so it’s worth trying to unstick. I hear a toothpick around the edge can fix it, or even just more use. Or just exchange. It’s a pain but worth it

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
If you paid that much you obviously want it so it’s worth trying to unstick. I hear a toothpick around the edge can fix it, or even just more use. Or just exchange. It’s a pain but worth it
Defo worth it. Best controller I’ve ever used. Shame it’s hit and miss, I’m just glad I was one of the lucky ones!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Defo worth it. Best controller I’ve ever used. Shame it’s hit and miss, I’m just glad I was one of the lucky ones!
Yeah mine's been pretty great. Had a bit of an issue with the trigger lock on the left side, so moved it down a notch, which is unnoticable in use. Right side one would've been an issue. I do wish the locks had less flex so they didn't squeek though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Oh, they've changed them? Good, series one was rubbish for it.
Yeah it's a grippy plastic that feels really nice. Guess the series 1 one had the rubberised feel all over which the 2 has on the main bit? It does feel nice but can't imagine it being great on the grip.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So is anybody on here actually switching consoles ?
There is more chance of Everton winning the league than of some posters here buying an Xbox!

I'll end up with both eventually, and I never had a PS4 so that's something, I guess. I want to keep using Xbox for 3rd parties and PS for exclusives.

That's my plan, if I'm not dead by the end of the year, anyway.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
So is anybody on here actually switching consoles ?
Na. Was always going with the main category. PS5 has nothing that could sway me over for release - so I’ll stick with Series X for sure.

further down the line - if I don’t bother building a low/medium pc (it’s crossing my mind more and more since pre-ordering a monitor), I might pick up an all digital PS5

Bojan11

The word you're looking for is expensive.
Yeah.

But the fact is the S was called a genius console last week because it allows Fifa, cod etc people who buy like four games a year to get a next gen console for cheap. Sadly, Sony have outdone MS with the S. You could buy that cheap console and average Joe can play his four yearly games, which he never trades in anyway.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Na. Was always going with the main category. PS5 has nothing that could sway me over for release - so I’ll stick with Series X for sure.

further down the line - if I don’t bother building a low/medium pc (it’s crossing my mind more and more since pre-ordering a monitor), I might pick up an all digital PS5
DO IT, DO IT!

We could even relive the good old division days :lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
With games coming in at £70, I think this is the gen where I turn into one of those gamers who only play COD and FIFA all year. I don’t even like COD and FIFA. :(

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Yeah.

But the fact is the S was called a genius console last week because it allows Fifa, cod etc people who buy like four games a year to get a next gen console for cheap. Sadly, Sony have outdone MS with the S. You could buy that cheap console and average Joe can play his four yearly games, which he never trades in anyway.
A weaker console spec-wise is an ok idea, but it falls down when it has no disc drive. And to make matters worse - a tiny SSD.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
With games coming in at £70, I think this is the gen where I turn into one of those gamers who only play COD and FIFA all year. I don’t even like COD and FIFA. :(
This is sort of what happened to my this gen. I started to play just COD most of the time with a bit of gamepass, now and again.

Woodzy

I'm going to PS5 first with maybe getting Series X this time next year. I only bought my One X this year anyway where as my PS4 is still a launch model, and by the sounds of it a lot of games are going to be cross platform initially.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
DO IT, DO IT!

We could even relive the good old division days :lol:
:lol: man, it still breaks my heart the fudged up the division with THAT patch. The hours I had in that and they turned everything to spongehitters.

Was fantastic fun in the Dark Zone though. That route rotation we had was genius by you!

ya I reckon I could look at something around pc/PS5 this side of Christmas. Just watching loads of pc building on YouTube and seeing if I have the confidence and time to go ahead with it!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
:lol: man, it still breaks my heart the fudged up the division with THAT patch. The hours I had in that and they turned everything to spongehitters.

Was fantastic fun in the Dark Zone though. That route rotation we had was genius by you!

ya I reckon I could look at something around pc/PS5 this side of Christmas. Just watching loads of pc building on YouTube and seeing if I have the confidence and time to go ahead with it!
Building a PC is something I want to do in the future but I don't have a Scooby so let the Caf know how you get on!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

Building the PC is really simple.
I just followed a build guide and it started first time. I was pleasantly surprised, but these parts are more robust that some people make out.
Built one for a friend during lockdown and had no hiccups either.

Watercooling the one I'm building next month or so, so this could get interesting :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should we read anything into the pre order situation? PS fanbase seem to be rabid right now...

Coxy

That's why I'm happy I will have Game Pass - will have Microsoft games to play at least for no extra cost - and whatever else they add.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Building a PC is something I want to do in the future but I don't have a Scooby so let the Caf know how you get on!
I will indeed! I'll be using the PC thread for advise no doubt anyway. I just watch people like Austin Evans, then use userbenchmark.com to help me build something to my future budget - helps me keep an eye on prices too. Where I will fall short is "futureproofing" - I'm not clued in to what to look out for, but Austin is decent in layman terms too.

Plan is to leave the 4k/quality to the Series X and if PS5 doesnt draw me in, build a PC that can run decent games at even just full HD with a respectable fps.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Building the PC is really simple.
I just followed a build guide and it started first time. I was pleasantly surprised, but these parts are more robust that some people make out.
Built one for a friend during lockdown and had no hiccups either.

Watercooling the one I'm building next month or so, so this could get interesting :lol:
Nice!

Ya, it doesnt look too bad. Was expecting worse but then I see videos of components effectively clicking together and make me very tempted. I just need to be confident in myself that what I buy is compatible and will work first time - but also run the games I'd like to play without blowing up, but also to make sure I forget nothing!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Nice!

Ya, it doesnt look too bad. Was expecting worse but then I see videos of components effectively clicking together and make me very tempted. I just need to be confident in myself that what I buy is compatible and will work first time - but also run the games I'd like to play without blowing up, but also to make sure I forget nothing!
If you need any advice or whatever, hit me up, or the PC thread!
Always nice to see somebody become a real gamer! White text

Tiber

Nice!

I struggle to put an ikea bookshelf together, but a PC is a doddle. With the exception of the fiddly bits like case fans which I have tiny sockets, it all plugs together really easily. I built my PC based on a video by Linus Tech Tips on youtube with zero experience.

My year old PC is probably going to be more powerful than the PS5, but I still love console gaming. Can't stand the PC snobs