Rafael Leao

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Confirmation: 17-year-old Rafael Leao (born 6 April 1993) has arrived on loan (until 30 June) from Desportivo Brasil. He'll play with U18s.
Rafael Leao is a defensive midfielder, by the way. Please don't get too carried away: he'll play with U18s, perhaps Reserves too.
Taken from NickCoppack's twitter

prateik

The daily mail article says he has been labeled the new Dunga
Not sure how accurate that is. They couldve just made shit up

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Played over an hour up front in his first game Vs Sunderland.

Hardly got any touches, understandably.

Ringo 07

Good News. I wonder will this effect summer signings in central mid that we are rumored to be interested in signing.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
manutdreserves

To all those who asked how Leao played today, he played as a lone striker and didnt get in the game at all, barely touching the ball
manutdreserves

He looked lost in the role he was asked to play and so was replaced in the second half

forevrared

17 year old defensive midfielder signed on a 3 month loan and the same day he makes his debut as a centre-forward.

:confused:

MPTutd

Concerning.

Probably tell the rest of the lads in Brazil that we don't know what we are doing!

LARulz

He played up front? On his own? Very odd if he is a defensive sort of player.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Concerning.

Probably tell the rest of the lads in Brazil that we don't know what we are doing!
He played up front? On his own? Very odd if he is a defensive sort of player.
:rolleyes: much ado about nothing.

We were obviously low on strikers, and thought we may as well give a chance to a new skillful player. True, it didn't work out well, but it was far from a disaster. Nothing more should be made of it.

Brophs

The One and Only
If this was Ajax people would be praising us for teaching him the game and playing in every position on the pitch.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Concerning.

I doubt this was done on some sort of whim.I often wonder if some posters think the Utd coaches are just thick and these decisions are taken without proper assessment and explanation to the player concerned

LARulz

:rolleyes: much ado about nothing.

We were obviously low on strikers, and thought we may as well give a chance to a new skillful player. True, it didn't work out well, but it was far from a disaster. Nothing more should be made of it.
Its just weird thats all. Considering he just joined and is played up front (when that is not his position apparently) makes it odd. If we are short on strikers down there why not play a attack minded midfielder there. I'm not even going to pretend to know how good he is or the full situation at the under 18 level but I think its a fair conclusion for someone to be a bit confused as to why someone who is meant to be a defensive midfielder is starting/playing up front on his own.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Wasn't he one of the 5 Brazilian kids who were at OT in the Bolton game.

Also I don't understand why people are complaining about him playing upfront. He's here till June so has plenty of opportunity to impress in his natural position. Also versatility is important.

forevrared

Wasn't he one of the 5 Brazilian kids who were at OT in the Bolton game.

Also I don't understand why people are complaining about him playing upfront. He's here till June so has plenty of opportunity to impress in his natural position. Also versatility is important.
Yes he was. I can only assume we would have preferred to loan Aguilar, due to the striker shortage, but had to take one who was 18 (next week anyway). Maybe the others are joining in the coming days?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yupp, bench regular for the reserves. I believe one of the other lads, Gladstony, is at Twente for the season at our request. No idea about he rest. Think they might be younger than the 2 who've left for Europe already.

Minkaro

Is he actually signed to us now? Or is this the longest 3 month loan ever?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
just a strange thing. Did he ever play in his favored position?