Gaming RedCafe COVID-19 Rocket League S2: The 2nd Peak - Tournament Started - New Players Welcome

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

After a lengthy hiatus, we're all itching for a second tournament. Just like the inevitable 2nd peak, Season 2 of the RedCafe COVID-19 Rocket League tournament is here!

Eligible platforms: all of them! (PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch)

Season 1 Highlights

Champion: Mazhar

League Shield Winner: hobbers
Finalists' average rating: 262.9

Format & Rules

TL;DR: same as Season 1
This will a more traditional league format and will be similar to the traditional Rocket League ranked game mode. Players will play against each other in Doubles (2v2) games. 4 people come together and play 3 Doubles games (AB vs. CD, AC vs. BD, AD vs. BC), ensuring that every possible combination of games are played among the 4. If the same 4 players come together for another set of 3 matches, the results will not count in the league (i.e. only unique combinations will count for the league results).

Everyone will start with 200 points. Points will be gained and lost based on the result (win/loss + number of goals scored). The previous season's ratings will carry over for the purpose of calculating the appropriate amount of points gained/lost. For this season, points gained/lost should be fairer, especially in the case of a Doubles match where 2 very good players play against 2 not-so-good ones. To be eligible for the next round, a minimum of 3 sets (i.e. 9 games) must be played (you do not need to play with/against every player). Only the top 6 rated players can qualify to the next round (how the 6 players qualify may change if more players are involved, but only 6 players will qualify).

The player at the top of the leaderboard will be the League Shield winner.
This will also be a league format but will not involve any ratings. Every player will start from 0 points. Points will be awarded based on the result of the match (goals will not play a role):
  • Win: 3 points
  • Overtime Loss: 1 point
  • Regular Time Loss: 0 points
Players will play against each other in Standard (3v3) games. Every possible combination must be played in this round (a total of 10 games). The player with the most points after all games are played will be the tournament champion.
Game Format: Soccar
Eligible Arenas (any weather/time of day):
  • DFH Stadium
  • Mannfield
  • Champions Field
  • Urban Central
  • Beckwith Park
  • Utopia Coliseum
  • Wasteland
  • Neo Tokyo
  • Aquadome
  • Starbase Arc
  • Salty Shores
  • Farmstead
  • Forbidden Temple
Bot Difficulty: No Bots
Team Settings: Default
Mutator Settings: Default

Region: Europe by default. The region can change in these special cases:
  • First Round
    • If 2-3 players are outside of Europe, one game will be played in a non-European server that is best for the non-European players.
    • If all 4 players are outside of Europe, all 3 games will be played in a non-European server that is best for the 3 players.
  • Second Round
    • Depending on the number of non-European players, the first few matches will be played outside of Europe (exact number to be determined just before the start of the round).
Joinable By:
  • Name/Password (default option)
  • Party Only (only if every player is in the same platform)
Each game's result must be recorded for it to count. This will remain lenient just like the last tournament. For a result to count:
  1. Capture the result
    • Record the game (best)
    • Take a screenshot/photo (easy & reliable)
    • Write the result into the RedCafe Discord, tournament conversation, or this thread
  2. Send it to the tournament admin(s) (or tag them in the thread if the result is in there)

Schedule
Once this thread has been created, the tournament has officially begun! The first round will last for 2 weeks with the last day being Sunday, 28 June (subject to change). The second round is scheduled for Wednesday, 1 July (subject to change).

Feel free to stream your games and/or post highlights of them in the thread! We'd all love to see some amazing goals (or embarrassing lowlights).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I am looking for people to assist me in managing this tournament. Let me know if you're interested in being an admin.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Currently, we have 9 players who have expressed an interest in this tournament.

We can get started with some games tonight and the future with what we have. I'm available every day, so feel free to hit me up if you're interested in playing some games.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I just spent the past 3 hours trying to sort out the rating calculations and other bits of info for the league. I also want to capture other info like the number of goals, assists, saves, and shots per player, so if you can provide screenshots/recorded gameplays for your results, that would significantly help. I plan to offer other awards depending on the amount of info I have on all of the matches.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@Jack-C20 @Heffo @GazTheLegend and I have just completed the first set of Season 2! Just like Season 1, every game in the first set had a 1-goal difference, and no more than 3 goals were scored in each game. Heffo had a standout Game 1 performance with 6 saves, helping he and Jack get the first win of the season over Gaz & me. That game had another incident, of course, where the winning goal was decided by a disconnected controller!

Great games, regardless. Here's hoping for some more! I apologise for not recording the games, but I'll try to record some if I'm involved.

Results (in reverse order i.e. Game 3 is the first screenshot):

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If anyone's interested, I'm available for games today and the for the rest of the week. Let me know if you need a 4th player, and feel free to arrange games with others!

Jacob

Oh, I forgot about this. I haven't planned one out yet. I think we might garner some more interest now for a tournament, so I will set something up in the next few weeks.
Cool. Been getting into RL a lot lately. Currently at Platinum II playing 2v2s.

b82REZ

I've got back into this recently.

I still can't fly and I'm consistently inconsistent.

hobbers

I'd play in a tourney, kept forgetting about it the last time.