Reds release youngsters

oskarutd

UNITED have granted a free transfer to Floribert Ngalula, a 20-year-old Belgian midfielder once viewed as "the new Patrick Vieira".

Ngalula had been on the books at Anderlecht before moving to United but his hopes he would break into the first team had a major blow when he suffered a serious hip injury at the start of the 2005/06 season.

United have also granted free transfers to three other reserve players: defender Phil Marsh, winger Jamie Mullan, and midfielder Danny Rose who spent much of last season on loan at Oxford.

Two other reserves have not been offered professional terms and have been released. They are keeper Lee Crockett and striker Aaron Burns.

source.

mojo

Good luck to all of them for the future.

RedPhil1957

UNITED have granted a free transfer to Floribert Ngalula, a 20-year-old Belgian midfielder once viewed as "the new Patrick Vieira".

Ngalula had been on the books at Anderlecht before moving to United but his hopes he would break into the first team had a major blow when he suffered a serious hip injury at the start of the 2005/06 season.

United have also granted free transfers to three other reserve players: defender Phil Marsh, winger Jamie Mullan, and midfielder Danny Rose who spent much of last season on loan at Oxford.

Two other reserves have not been offered professional terms and have been released. They are keeper Lee Crockett and striker Aaron Burns.

source.

None of them is very suprising although I expected Rose to have another season

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Good luck to the guys, hopefully they'll be sorted at some other clubs.

PS18

Marsh was injured for a big chunk of it. Burns started the season quite well but faded, spent a fair bit of time on the bench while Smith and Dong forged a temporary partnership upfront. Rose did well in the first half of the season and then went to Oxford on loan where he's done okay but clearly nowhere near enough to earn another season with us.

Einar15

Aaron Burns has joined Afturelding, an Icelandic second division club.
Source: Fotbolti.net, an Icelandic football website.

I wonder why he joined an Icelandic second division club because surely he can play at a much higher level

PS18

very weird. Leeds were interested in taking him, surprised he hasn't waited it out until they're able to sign people again. although i guess you can't blame him for not wanting to be part of that shambles.

oskarutd

Aaron Burns has joined Afturelding, an Icelandic second division club.
Source: Fotbolti.net, an Icelandic football website.

I wonder why he joined an Icelandic second division club because surely he can play at a much higher level
He has signed for a month, if he gets a club in England he will be released.
Just keeping himself in form.

RedF7

Yeah, Good luck to them. I am sure they will all find another club. Shame about Floribert Ngalula, thought he was going to be a decent player, think the injuries didnt help tho.