Reserves vs Bolton Wanderers (MSC)

PS18

Bit of a choke, although in fairness Tunnicliffe's pen was decent and Stewart's wasn't bad (short run-up though, hate them). Pogba looked surprisingly nervy and it showed in his kick.

No idea why Eikrem didn't take one, very strange.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Bit of a choke, although in fairness Tunnicliffe's pen was decent and Stewart's wasn't bad (short run-up though, hate them). Pogba looked surprisingly nervy and it showed in his kick.

No idea why Eikrem didn't take one, very strange.
Indeed.

Virtuoso

Before the penalties even started and the 5 for us were decided, I said that I thought Cameron Stewart would miss - I don't really rate his finishing or shooting technique. Pogba and especially Tunnicliffe's were more surprising, can't quite understand how we managed to throw away a 2-0 penalty shootout lead though. I'm sure that couldn't have happened too many times before.

Didn't think we played that well, started the first half well then lost our way. Had interspersed moments in the second half. Was very impressed again by Pogba, especially as it was his Reserves debut - he has the wonderful ability of making space for himself in a congested midfield area by his brilliant close control, quick feet and awareness of his surroundings. We were desperately missing a focal point in attack though, does anyone know what injury Macheda has and how long he'll be out? Also, thought our defence was very poor tonight though it was a completely changed backline and that couldn't be easy for them tonight.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Before the penalties even started and the 5 for us were decided, I said that I thought Cameron Stewart would miss - I don't really rate his finishing or shooting technique. Pogba and especially Tunnicliffe's were more surprising, can't quite understand how we managed to throw away a 2-0 penalty shootout lead though. I'm sure that couldn't have happened too many times before.

Didn't think we played that well, started the first half well then lost our way. Had interspersed moments in the second half. Was very impressed again by Pogba, especially as it was his Reserves debut - he has the wonderful ability of making space for himself in a congested midfield area by his brilliant close control, quick feet and awareness of his surroundings. We were desperately missing a focal point in attack though, does anyone know what injury Macheda has and how long he'll be out? Also, thought our defence was very poor tonight though it was a completely changed backline and that couldn't be easy for them tonight.
SAF said on MUtv that Macheda had 2 weeks IIRC.

Girish II

I think when Obadeyi out-muscled and out paced Gill, it was an epitomy of the rest of the game. With so many young lads in our squad, it's understandable, but I still thought they gave a good account of themselves.

Pogba showed he clearly didn't look out of his depth at this level, let's hope for some more reserve time for him in the new year.

Decotron

I think when Obadeyi out-muscled and out paced Gill, it was an epitomy of the rest of the game. With so many young lads in our squad, it's understandable, but I still thought they gave a good account of themselves.

Pogba showed he clearly didn't look out of his depth at this level, let's hope for some more reserve time for him in the new year.
Did you happen to records lasts nights show on MUTV? Ole gave a post match interview where he apparently mentioned that Pogba is still a way off full fitness which makes his impact all the more impressive.

Girish II

I did but it cutoff early due to the run over with the pens. Will catch it again this afternoon. He's made a big impact in his short time here already, it's remarkable for one so young.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Pogba's one of the most intriguing young players to join in ages.

He came with a reputation as some sort of defensive midfielder and he does like to get stuck in but I've been very surprised and impressed by his range of passing and the quality he has on the ball. Add to that his habit of scoring goals and it looks like we have a real gem.

When he stops growing and fills out that gangly frame, he has every chance of developing into a really top class all-round central midfielder. Happy days.

jb8521

Pogba is one if those players who looks knackered running onto the pitch at the start of the game.
He has that awkward damien duff style walk where it looks like one leg is longer than the other

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Will Keane's not injured, is he? A bit strange that he wasn't involved yesterday, considering his form, our lack of strikers and the fact that it was a bit of a free-for-all kidswise (btw, that last part has absolutely no gay, paedo connotations, Top).