Reserves vs Chelsea part II

Name Changed

weso26
Thanks for that summary. Caught some of the 1st half on ChelseaTV (sic), the twins looked a bit all over the place defensively. What surprised me most was how respectful the Chelsea commentators were towards our lads, almost came across as neutrals.
As opposed to Paddy Crerand?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
That's unfair based on the 30 mins I caught, but then it would seem we only started playing around the hour mark.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I know you can't really tell anything form highlights, but Gibson seemed as though he didn't give a shiny shite whether he was there or not....
He played quite poorly up until half way through the second half. Then Gray moved to right back and Rafael moved further forward which made a bit of a difference. And Danny Drinkwater who was playing next to Gibson in midfield started to up the pace. With Cleverley on the left wing starting to also push on.........Gibson started to fond his feet and he played OK in the last 20 minutes.

But up to that point he was virtually invisible - and given his experience should be stamping his authority on a game.

Don't let a 'get out of jail' comeback mask an overall poor performance.

That said, the opposition was very experienced and the lads will learn from this.