Reserves Vs Stockport in MSC

SecondFig

He does realize this is a reserve game against Stockport, and not a potential League title decider against Liverpool, right?
That's one of the things I love about him, he's one of those players who you know will give his all. Plus, despite lacking many identifiable skills, he's a very effective full-back.

Anderson looking frustrated at not getting the ball enough. He seems far sharper than against Oldham.
Been a bit disappointed by Anderson, he's not been poor, but for a player of his (supposed) ability and (relative) experience he's not imposed himself upon the game as I'd expect(hope) he would.

Ravel has such a natural change of direction and pace. He's come into it really well although no positional discipline!
Ravel has been at the heart of most of our forward moves, but he reminds me a bit of a Rooney in the way he drifts all over the place. Only Ravel doesn't have the work rate of a Rooney. But he's so comfortable on the ball, hoping he really pushes on this year.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
That's one of the things I love about him, he's one of those players who you know will give his all. Plus, despite lacking many identifiable skills, he's a very effective full-back.
He'd be effective if you could trust him defensively.

But you can't.

Eriku

Route one! feck me, good pass and controlled well by Keane... Shame he couldn't finish it off.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Ferguson texting away whilst the game is on. Will probably leave early an' all, 'kin fair weather fan.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Ferguson texting away whilst the game is on. Will probably leave early an' all, 'kin fair weather fan.
I'd put your testicles on it that he was trying to find out what Anderson's injury is.

Eriku

Clever pass and quick finish by Cofie... didn't imagine he'd get it that close to the target.

Eriku

I'd put your testicles on it that he was trying to find out what Anderson's injury is.
He's confirming his suspicions by checking whether we picked up that he seemed to struggle with his left too. All hail the Caf.

Eriku

Ajose unlucky... WHAT a pass by Eikrem... weighted and lifted perfectly.

He's got the stride and touch of Carrick, and the vision of Scholes... potentially.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The Stockport keeper has probably been the Man of the Match.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Good finish by Cofie after what everyone thought was a heavy touch.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Looks like being threatened with being sold to Liverpool has really made Cofie up his game this season!

Ivor Ballokov

Routine win really, stockport were comfortable playing most of the game in their own half and United struggled at times to break them down but the result was never really in doubt. Ra'vel looked extremely comfortable considering this was his first start for the reserves and Magnus Eikrem continues to impress, Anderson still looks fat and somewhat disinterested, hopefully just a knock and he'll be back up to full fitness before long. Orange.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Couldnt make it down to this in the end, gutted, hope Andos injury isn't serious.

datura

I got the feeling that Eikrem is quite enjoying playing alongside Anderson as it gives SAF a chance to judge him against a first teamer and he seemed really up for it - he got stuck in as well as the more creative side we are used to seeing.

I'm afraid I may have jinxed Diouf though, said 'good luck at the weekend, hope you score the winner'. Sorry everyone. He was there with Josh King btw, he's a big bastard for an 18 year old!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: what did he say? Gambit will be well jealous you've spoken to him!

He got caught on the ankle in a challenge towards the end of the first half, it could have been that he went off with.
Fair enough, hope its precautionary more than anything.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Morrison looked like a Premiership player who'd been forced to play against a bunch of school kids.

So much talent compared to everyone else on the pitch, but as yet not quite sure how to use it.

datura

Morrison looked like a Premiership player who'd been forced to play against a bunch of school kids.

So much talent compared to everyone else on the pitch, but as yet not quite sure how to use it.
The others were finding him frustrating to play with, delaying passes by taking an extra touch, eschewing the easy pass etc.

The coaches were trying to get him to move off the ball more into attacking positions after passing it too.

His talent on the ball is something though, he can just glide past players. The bit of skill near the corner flag at the end had the players on the sidelines cheering.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
He got caught on the ankle in a challenge towards the end of the first half, it could have been that he went off with.
He either twisted his knee or ankle whilst taking a shot in the second half. He was wincing as soon as his kicking foot planted back down. Hopefully it was his ankle because he could do without re-injuring that knee already.

lysglimt

Scout
He either twisted his knee or ankle whilst taking a shot in the second half. He was wincing as soon as his kicking foot planted back down. Hopefully it was his ankle because he could do without re-injuring that knee already.
Was relieved to see him sitting on the bench at the end - if it had been serious he wouldn't have.

As for his general play - this was typical Anderson in a match which doesn't matter. He doesn't seem to care that much in matches that doesn't matter. He sprayed the ball around - and let the other players do the running.

twitter thread suggester
The others were finding him frustrating to play with, delaying passes by taking an extra touch, eschewing the easy pass etc.
Yup, that was definitely the bad thing about him tonight. He oozed class most of the match, but he hold on to the ball for way too long - he could have played De Laet in behind several times as the crazy Belgian was making several overlapping runs only to see Morrison go inside, not really knowing what to do next.

But very promising none the less.

Tribec

After watching Morrison last night and reading some of the posts in here, I am for some reason drawn back in time to 1991 and a young Giggs entering the first team. Undoubted quality, and clearly at the right level, but frustrating at the same time.

It was interesting to hear Paddy compare him to Scholes though last night. He did have one of those games where by when things came off for him it was a joy to watch, but you knew in the next instant something real easy would be messed up.

As for Anderson, his first few passes went astray and with the lack of any defensive work being needed, apart from one chance where he was the last man, he was very much on the fringes. When he went off I was worried, but then seeing him on the bench made me think it was just a twist or twinge and a pre-caution to bring him off. Wes went straight to the changing rooms as well when he went off.

With regard to the game, the kids better get used to games like this if they want to play for the first team. Stockport to the credit kept up the 10 outfield players behind the ball and in there own box for the full 90 minutes. We see this sort of tactic at OT quite often, so it's a case of learning patience and waiting for that one moment of magic and making the most of it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
:lol: what did he say? Gambit will be well jealous you've spoken to him!
Why would I be jealous, The One speaks to me all the time. I just wish he'd grace me with his physical presence.

MPTutd

Paddy was loving Morrison before the game. Comparing him to Scholes and saying the ONLY way he won't make to the United first team is if he does not put in the required effort. He even admitted himself that he had to calm down a little.

He looked promising in the first 60 mins yesterday (it was all I got to see---will watch the rest tonight). Seemed a little nervous at first, but then got more confident as it went on.

I will be interested to see him take on better reserve teams. We play Villa next week in the reserve league and they have a v.good reserve team. Could be a good test if he gets picked. However, we will have lots of players back from internationals so it would be interesting to see if he gets a look in.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
:lol: go easy on them- they're Scandi's. They've been burning PC's and IT technicians at the stake for the last 50 years for the crime of witchcraft.
That hurt. Do them simply reds lads stream academy games as well?