Royal Mail Scandal

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Been reading about this for years in Private Eye, can see there is a new drama on ITV about this.

Absolutely despicable

Darkhorsez

I vaguely remember watching this story on some program. Pretty disgusting that folks were accused of stealing money thar in fact was due to the computer system that was installed Etc. Not sure what happened to impacted staff - hopefully freed and damages paid.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
It's quite unbelievable and someone should have gone to prison for it, but since when did responsibility actually stop at the top?

Also a strong argument for trade unions, unfortunately those affected were technically self-employed and had none.

NotworkSte

It’s a desparate example of how the deck is stacked against you in the UK when it comes to fighting services as the post office. Apart from a suicide and multiple jailing, the PO execs knew and lied over years, Lied, withheld evidence, lied in enquiries. Yet the CEO Vennels was made and still has a CBE and because a church minister! van den Bogerd was inexplicably hired hy FA Wales as head of people after they knew she lied to Parliament. These people and others should be in prison, they had no compulsion in sending innocents to prison and continued with convictions knowing there were issues.

It’s utterly infuriating.

buchansleftleg

Senior figures at Fujitsu also knew what was going on but didn't own up to what they knew because they didn't want to divulge that they had back door access to the system with no audit trail of who had been using this access and what changes they had made.

Fujitsu still manage loads of government IT contracts!

nimic

something nice
Scout
I only just realized today that this thing was still going on, after going through my list of podcasts and seeing that the brilliant The Great Post Office Trial podcast had released a series of episodes in November. I thought I had finished the podcast in 2021.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It's quite unbelievable and someone should have gone to prison for it, but since when did responsibility actually stop at the top?

Also a strong argument for trade unions, unfortunately those affected were technically self-employed and had none.
Absolutely disgusting no-one was held accountable. It wrecked so many lives and dragged on so long several died shamed and penniless before seeing justice. It's a national disgrace that should be much more high profile.