Sam Murray

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Signed his first pro contract at the club. He was good last season but in my eyes he’s stagnated a bit this season.

Last edited:

Demaw

Gee, I think he is pretty slow, lightweight and average. Like signing Charlie Savage to a three year deal. In the two year I've never rated him anytime I watched him, he seemed to get skinned a lot when I have seen him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Gee, I think he is pretty slow, lightweight and average. Like signing Charlie Savage to a three year deal. In the two year I've never rated him anytime I watched him, he seemed to get skinned a lot when I have seen him.
Aye, weird one, always looked the weak link in any of the teams I've watched him in.

Demaw

Aye, weird one, always looked the weak link in any of the teams I've watched him in.
Looking at recent England rep junior teams we have so few kids in them. It was so obvious watching recently that Galbraith, Fish, Bennett, Jurado, Norkett (awful) are never going anywhere near the first team in the future. I do hear we have some amazing 14-15's coming through as Beaucoup mentioned. 18's will be exciting next season.
This year was one of the worst I have ever watched over a long time. Wooster, Kingdon, Ethan Williams, Musa, Nolan, Murray, Aljofree, Sharp, Missin, even Adam Berry plus Norkett. It was hard to watch the 18's and the same with the 21-23's: Mee, Hardley, Pye, Wellens, Galbraith, Forson, Savage, McNeill. Hugill and Emeran.
Don't think Iqbal and Elanga will make the squad.

Think the only ones we have that may make it are: Mainoo, Amad, Pellistri, Hannibal and Garnacho.

Jury out on Kovar, Vitek, Laird, Hansen, Mengi, Alvaro F, Shola and Willy K (potential and size only at this stage)

Too young but with potential: Harrison, Sam Mather, McAllister, Gore (not sure if a Ryan Tunnicliffe type)

lysglimt

Scout
Looking at recent England rep junior teams we have so few kids in them. It was so obvious watching recently that Galbraith, Fish, Bennett, Jurado, Norkett (awful) are never going anywhere near the first team in the future. I do hear we have some amazing 14-15's coming through as Beaucoup mentioned. 18's will be exciting next season.
This year was one of the worst I have ever watched over a long time. Wooster, Kingdon, Ethan Williams, Musa, Nolan, Murray, Aljofree, Sharp, Missin, even Adam Berry plus Norkett. It was hard to watch the 18's and the same with the 21-23's: Mee, Hardley, Pye, Wellens, Galbraith, Forson, Savage, McNeill. Hugill and Emeran.

Think the only ones we have that may make it are: Mainoo, Amad, Pellistri, Hannibal and Garnacho.

Jury out on Kovar, Vitek, Laird, Hansen, Mengi, Alvaro F, Shola and Willy K (potential and size only at this stage)

Too young but with potential: Harrison, Sam Mather, McAllister, Gore (not sure if a Ryan Tunnicliffe type)
Does it really matter ? If on average 1 player from every age-group makes it - that's incredible. It's completely unlikely to have 15 players born 2006-2003 with a realistic chance of making the first-team. Most of them are simply there to make up numbers and to get the best possible chance of making it at another club. We have 5-6 players I would say have a realistic chance of making our squad - at best 2-3 of them will manage (and I consider Garnacho part of the squad now so 2-3 in addition to Garnacho)

But the fact remains - if we stop handing out contracts to everyone we don't think will make it - we wont have a team. It's not all about creating first-team players -it's also about giving the players the best chance possible to make it in life. And the more players we get through the system and into other good league-clubs, the easier it will be to attract other young players in the future. Will Sam Murray be a regular for United, nah probably not (but in fairness I said the same about Tom Cleverley) - could he go on to play for a decent side a few levels down - absolutely. Just like many of our other young players do.

sleepehead

Interesting enough the 5 you listed to make it only 1 came properly through our academy everyone else we bought or signed from top clubs.

Demaw

True sleepe, it shows how hard it is to get kids in the squad. In the jury out, most of the kids have been with us a fair while, not going to get too many overseas at 12/13. We can't do that anymore anyway with silly Brexit rules.

Bigsid

Lacey, Fitzgerald of next tranche decent and represent country. Year below very physical and direct but not convinced longer term. Been lots of players recruited for physical atrributes rather than amazing talent. The problem is to play regularly in our first team you would have to be one of the best players in Europe by the age of 19/20.