Santiago Arias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Apparently United have switched their interest from Seamus Coleman to PSV's Colombian right back, Santiago Arias. Pacey right back that loves to bomb forward (too much so at times) and a very good defender not afraid to get stuck in there. Actually, reminds me of Rafael quite a bit.

Arias is yet another example of the modern boom of Colombians that as a footballing nation had been dormant for so long. Would love to see him at United and would definitely give Rafael a run for his money. He would bring a massive Colombian fan base with him as well.

Here's a decent video of him from one of Colombia's last friendlies against Belgium, a 2 - nil victory in which he controlled Hazard quite well for the most part.

Mauzindark

Hard to judge defenders from youtube videos. Nobby have you seen a lot of him in action ? Will he be backup to Rafa or a replacement ?

Mauzindark

Hmm can't find any reliable scouting reports. But whoscored lists his strengths as passing, dribbling, crossing, tackling with no significant weakness. Unsure if they can be trusted.

Ekeke

Who was the last fairly ordinary attacking full back in his early 20s that we signed from an Eredivise team. Cant imagine it would work out quite so poorly but theres not a world of difference.

Last edited:

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Hard to judge defenders from youtube videos. Nobby have you seen a lot of him in action ? Will he be backup to Rafa or a replacement ?
Haven't seen much of him to be honest. He played only a year in Colombia's first division for a very unfashionable side, but his talent was obvious. Portuguese scouts whisked him away quite young. Have mostly seen him with the Colombian national side and he's looked impressive.

As for Luis Muriel, I'm very excited about him, and he's obviously a massive young talent in Italy. He does seem to get lost a bit in the shuffle as there is such a huge glut of young Colombian strikers in the world right now. Can't see him playing a big role in the for Colombia in the World Cup, but it looks like Falcao is out so there is a spot for somebody new to come and claim. Right now it would probably be Jackson Martinez who leads the Portugese league in scoring, or Adriano Ramos who's at the top of the scoring tables in the Bundesliga. I really like Ramos as he reminds me a lot of Faustino Asprilla. Who I think will be the best of the lot is Victor Ibarbo who plays for Cagliari in Italy. Unfortunately he might've suffered a bad injury yesterday in a friendly with Tunisia.

It is amazing the massive young talent that Colombia is producing at the moment.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Who was the last fairly ordinary attacking right back in his early 20s that we signed from an Eredivise team. Cant imagine it would work out quite so poorly but theres not a world of difference.
I'm drawing a blank here. Who was it?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
With a name like that he can only be awesome, anyone saying otherwise knows clearly nothing about the game.

Chief123

Seen a lot of tweets over last couple of days saying we are signing him on a free transfer.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only took us 8 years to complete the deal.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If Wiki is correct he doesn’t seem to have played a lot of football the last few years, is he even going to be match fit?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I remember when this guy was at Sporting haha

kaku06

Vulgarian
What the feck ? Santiago Arias really ? Why did we pass up on Dest then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.