Sheep Draft QF: Invictus/KM v Stobzilla

With all players at their peak which team would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I did prefer Sheva as I consider him better in holding up the ball and occupying the defenders and opening up spaces for Maradona. Henry has played lone striker before but I always thought he was more effective in a free left drifting role,esp in absence of someone like Bergkamp to do it.
I'm just not sure at all what you're getting at with any of this and for me your showing a real misunderstanding of Henry, Sheva and Maradona.

In terms of the first sentence.. Sheva might have been marginally better at holding the ball up than Henry due to better physicality, that may be what you're getting at and for me it's an absolute stretch - not worth mentioning. Any marginal difference in physicality is more than made up for in Henry's better touch and technical ability which is just as effective at holding and creating play up front.

The main point I disagree with however is the second part of that sentence - How is Shevchenko better at "occupying the defenders and opening up spaces" than Henry? Seems like you made that up to me and I don't agree with it all, as much as I loved Sheva Henry was even quicker, the better dribbler and IMO had the better movement of the two.

Not sure what you mean by the last part as it's not a very clear sentence. The "absence of someone like Bergkamp" - Stobz had Maradona and I don't see what you think Bergkamp is doing that Diego isn't?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd say Henry is at least a level above Sheva. The only thing that Sheva better is his heading. Other than that, Henry is marginally above Sheva: pace, acceleration, creativity, skill, technique, shooting ability, brings other into play.