• Mazhar 3-0 Edgar/ctp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edgar/ctp 1-0 Mazhar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I don't really like your setup at the back. You've put De Boer as tucked in CB to help out another weak CB which frankly I don't think you need to have done. Yes Moore is a sheep but you shouldn't sacrifice a cohesive back 4. Your back 6 and goalkeeper as a whole didn't look very impressive. Had mahrez had a Genghini-quality CB and put Charles up front he'd have a classic 4-4-2 with excellent wingers and especially a dangerous right side and two strikers that complement each other well imo. Maybe a big if considering the circumstances that he got his players because his team certainly didn't go exactly like planned just like the rest of us. It's just hard to vote against a team with great people all up and down the wing and top notch goalscorers up front against a defense like yours that pretty much gave up the Matthews-Benarrivo side defensively.
Fair. Can't disagree with that. Fact is same as mazhar, I could not get a good LB and Frank is no way going to be a match for Matthews however I play him.
Matthews is famous for pace/dribbling and crossing. By playing a tucked in formation, I deny him the space to dribble and simultaneously squeeze the space to receive crosses for Hasselbaink. Not perfect, but best I could do then.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There wasn't much in it for me. A change of a single player and the vote would have swung. I rate Hasselbaink but he needed a partner. Guðjohnsen, Kiko, Alan Smith. All striker partners of his that made him tick better.
Genghini was supposed to be that partner for Hasselbaink. For his clubs, he was quite a prolific goalscorer, and just because he didn't play in a more advanced role for France doesn't mean that he wasn't a good attacking midfielder who linked up well with his forwards. If you saw the goals he scored, he was frequently in the box and combined well with the striker and wide players around him. He was quite well-rounded as French attacking midfielders were at that time (Giresse and Platini were also prolific goalscorers and playmakers like Genghini though they have a higher standing as they played in their favoured roles for France unlike Genghini).