Silver-lining: Us crashing out of Europe means the Glazers lose money

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagUTD

EL is basically worthless in monetary terms so just by being in the CL we will probably end up better off in terms of money made from European games.

Piskin

The Glazers won't lose money but the ordinary supporter will.

InfiniteBoredom

Do we even stand to lose that much compared to last year?

It’s basically 2 less home games in Europe.

If anything, us crashing out of LC probably cost more in terms of gate revenue.

Zora

That is great news.

If it hits them them in the wallet all well and good. Let's hope someday someone kicks them in the bollocks one day.
Well said.

Unfortunately it won’t please people on here who need their shiny new player fix every summer.

Things need to get very, very bad if you all want to see the Glazers jack it in.

But I’ve already seen people say “now we’ve got one game a week, we can focus on top 4” :lol: :houllier:

Some of you will never learn.

Castia

Nah

It does the club a lot more harm than their dividends. Disaster for the club in all honesty

fallengt

No they don't
United loses money. They'll still pocket 5-6bil if they decide to sell

Kingofwinners

Has Jim fully committed yet? He should be reopening talks on the valuation after the last month. If not it doesn’t bode well for his business skills and deal making.

ArmaDino

How is that a good thing when we're on a knife edge already with FFP?
That's amazing news.

The only reason the Glazer cnuts are staying is because they think our shares are going to explode in the next 5 years.

Every time we drop out of Europe, fail to reach CL we get less sponsors and they pay less as well. As a result our share prices are going to go down and our club valuation will go down as well.

The only reason they've agreed to Sir Jim's minority stake is for him to put in money to modernize our footballing infrastructure we can be better and they can make more money.

I bet they are starting to regret not selling to the Qataris. Feck them cnuts.

As long as we stay in the PL(even the bottom half) I'm 100% sure we can get back to the top because of our large fanbase and match attendance.

Rake

One positive is that we don't get to watch this dross two times a week, which should extend the lifespan of most fans by a good few years.

Also, it should be easier, if there is such a thing, to focus on the PL now without worrying about rotations, playing time etc. Here is hoping for better training and less injuries so we can scrape at top 4 (5?) finish and get into the CL next year.

Gopher Brown

Maybe we’ll actually have to do some scouting for players, rather than just signing players people have heard of.

The scouts are probably shitting themselves at the thought of actually having to do some work for once.

Also, we will need to reduce the wage bill, so see you later the no-hopers (Martial, McTominay) and the perma-crocks (Shaw, Casemiro, Varane).

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Well it really means the club lose more money, The Glazers don't have anything invested to lose and are about to picket a billion, so I don't see it as a win whatsoever.

Only silver lining is there's fewer games to watch this season, and on a less glib note, Ten Hag has more time to implement whatever it is he's trying to do.
if he insits with his 0.5 -4-1-5 formation then we are doomed

UpWithRivers

If it's gotten to the stage people just want United to loose then you should just support another club or give up football altogether. What's the point.

Skills

Snitch
If it's gotten to the stage people just want United to loose then you should just support another club or give up football altogether. What's the point.
Most of our fans don't really support the club as it is tbh. Their loyalties lie with the club managers seat.

Herman Toothrot

if he insits with his 0.5 -4-1-5 formation then we are doomed
I agree. As tempting as it is to use McTominay to crash the box, you either play him instead of Bruno or instead of Rasmus and never in a free role that contributes nothing and opens up the midfield. It's bloody obvious.

Tap

So is there a Silver lining for poor league performances too? We miss out on Europe and the glazers make less money

Trequarista10

Even though, as plenty of people have pointed out, this makes no sense in practise - I appreciate the spiteful sentiment behind it.

astracrazy

No the club will just lose money. Do you think these parasites will take less money out of the club?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yes it's great news, less chances of being embarrassed in Europe.

Now we can only be embarrassed in league games.

Lentwood

Sounds like their problem. I’m ready to watch the whole thing burn at this point if it meant they would sell.
What if it leads to them staying even longer, in the hope that the next manager can lead us back to our former glories and double the clubs value?

That's the problem. We don't know what they're thinking, so wishing poor results on the team doesn't really make sense.

Mainoldo

Great stuff. Less money for us to improve. Amazing silver lining.

Common sense is expensive these days.

Zora

That's amazing news.

The only reason the Glazer cnuts are staying is because they think our shares are going to explode in the next 5 years.

Every time we drop out of Europe, fail to reach CL we get less sponsors and they pay less as well. As a result our share prices are going to go down and our club valuation will go down as well.

The only reason they've agreed to Sir Jim's minority stake is for him to put in money to modernize our footballing infrastructure we can be better and they can make more money.

I bet they are starting to regret not selling to the Qataris. Feck them cnuts.

As long as we stay in the PL(even the bottom half) I'm 100% sure we can get back to the top because of our large fanbase and match attendance.
Exactly. It’s amazing how so many fans still don’t see this.

We have to hit the absolute rock bottom rather than paper over cracks every other season.

Zora

What if it leads to them staying even longer, in the hope that the next manager can lead us back to our former glories and double the clubs value?

That's the problem. We don't know what they're thinking, so wishing poor results on the team doesn't really make sense.
You’re right, we don’t know what they’re thinking. But every single human being has a breaking point where they think “enough is enough.”

The Glazers won’t ever want to leave whilst we are bringing in CL revenue and the sponsors which come hand-in-hand with Europe’s best competition.

A few years out of the CL will give them something to think about.

I hope we lose every single match this season if it means they just accept that it’s not working out anymore.

I would take relegation, in fact. And I’m deadly serious.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They're being backed out by Radcliffe who (for some inexplicable reason) moat of the caf seems to be in support of.

I doubt they will even care. Worst case scenario for them is they give up more or all of the club and then we swap them for another greedy billionaire with a proven track record of being bad at running a successful sports team andgood at being an awful human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.