Sport Witness: Man United row between Bruno Fernandes and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer dismissed as 'lies'

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

monosierra

What in the world is going on with all these rumors? Sounds like the media is trying to take OGS down - or worse yet, someone in the club's management is preparing the grounds for his dismissal. I hope this is not the case.

RashyForPM

Good. Don’t need our manager and best player fighting. This is the sort of thing which if allowed to escalate, can turn into a severely detrimental dressing room civil war. See Pogba and José, although Ole is less volatile than José.

GBBQ

Good. Don’t need our manager and best player fighting. This is the sort of thing which if allowed to escalate, can turn into a severely detrimental dressing room civil war. See Pogba and José, although Ole is less volatile than José.
I would prefer to hear about a bit of passion behind the scenes. Its not always gonna be sweetness and light. Bruno said as much, he'd have words on the pitch and then move on. Words were needed during and after that display.

RashyForPM

I would prefer to hear about a bit of passion behind the scenes. Its not always gonna be sweetness and light. Bruno said as much, he'd have words on the pitch and then move on. Words were needed during and after that display.
I actually agree. I was happy when I heard Bruno lost it at Maguire. However, when someone is above you in the chain of command, I just don’t think you should batter him in front of your teammates, and I’m Ole out. It’s just not good for the club. Better if Bruno went to his office the next day and gave his opinion in an uncompromising but respectful way. All this doesn’t matter now though as this supposed bust-up thankfully didn’t happen.

Zen86

Bruno is quite a fiery character so it wouldn’t surprise me if words were said in the aftermath. That said, these kinds of things happen all the time and this click bait rubbish is no doubt blowing it out of proportion.

TsuWave

What in the world is going on with all these rumors? Sounds like the media is trying to take OGS down - or worse yet, someone in the club's management is preparing the grounds for his dismissal. I hope this is not the case.
So it’s not the underperforming team and awful football, it’s just a media agenda to take down poor Ole?

El Zoido

So it’s not the underperforming team and awful football, it’s just a media agenda to take down poor Ole?
So you think that a couple of bad performances makes it fine for the media to make up lies to attack him?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Or it could be a case of no smoke without fire.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
"Underperforming team" that from february to the end of the season lost one league game? Give the guy a break. Yes, the start has been rough, but we're 3 games in. City have one more point than us. Don't understand the Ole hate.

monosierra

The performances are dire and I personally do not believe he has the nous and ability to manage us. But it is suspicious that there are stories of other managerial choices and dressing room fallouts. The last time we saw something like this, Mourinho was sacked soon after.

Guiseppe Rossi

Exactly why I have zero sympathy for reporters/journalists, which was a thread on here the other day, shit stirring pricks the lot of them regardless of whether it's true or not. It's pointless irrelevant information
Who cares if they had a bust up, they're grown men in an extremely competitive sport let them get on with it

wolvored

Maybe there was a shouting match. Young lads just got tanked 6-1 I would be surprised if there wasnt. I used to play for a couple of pub teams back in th day and if we lost there was always somebody kicking off. Its all in the heat of the moment then forgotten

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
can you tell me again what is this teams record between January 1st 2020 to this day in all competitions?

Foxbatt

SAF used to have shouting matches with lots of players and Big Pete nearly got sacked because of one. Ole as a boss is respected by the players and even if there was a shooting match this should have never come out.
The club should try and investigate it.

SAFMUTD

can you tell me again what is this teams record between January 1st 2020 to this day in all competitions?
Its funny you want to take the record since January, why not the full last season? or only this one? or lets take the last 4 months. It seems we have to rate Ole only inlcuding the Bruno patch otherwise his numbers are not so great.

dev1l

Storm in a cup of water. These things happen all the time at all club unless you have robots instead of human beings

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The media are jumping on the fact that United have started the season badly. Using all of these squad unrest rumours sells papers and generates clicks online. The media don't care what is true or false, they will do anything to sell stories.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Its funny you want to take the record since January, why not the full last season? or only this one? or lets take the last 4 months. It seems we have to rate Ole only inlcuding the Bruno patch otherwise his numbers are not so great.
It's because our form since January has been outstanding. People are quick to point at the last 3 games and say "ole's shit!". We're trying to give some context here. Yes we've been bad so far, but it doesn't make Ole a bad coach or the players bad players. Give him some time. The next month will make or break Ole. If we are still poor and losing most of those games then I think a change will be made.

TsuWave

Using arbitrary cut off points to make him look good :lol:

Glideman

Using arbitrary cut off points to make him look good :lol:
January to October is what 10months? More than a handful of games, I wouldn’t call it arbitrary at all.
Surely you can judge over such a long period, 10 months vs 3 games, which is a bigger sample size?
Even if you were take his points tally from his appointment until now it’s still what the 3rd best haul in the league if I’m not mistaken.

Affirmation

Duncan Castles' is claiming that Bruno Fernandes has lost faith in the management of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Interesting.

TsuWave

January to October is what 10months? More than a handful of games, I wouldn’t call it arbitrary at all.
Surely you can judge over such a long period, 10 months vs 3 games, which is a bigger sample size?
Even if you were take his points tally from his appointment until now it’s still what the 3rd best haul in the league if I’m not mistaken.
I'm not judging Ole on 3 games. I said underperforming team and awful football.

Duncan Castles' is claiming that Bruno Fernandes has lost faith in the management of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Interesting.

Might become my favourite player :drool:

RedDevil@84

Is Castles just extrapolating "Bruno shouts something about wrong tactics at HT" into "Loses faith in Ole".
One doesn't mean the other.

Bruno may have shouted, got subbed for being an a**, apologized and moved on.

Glideman

I'm not judging Ole on 3 games. I said underperforming team and awful football.

Might become my favourite player :drool:
You say underperforming team but finished 3rd and had 3 semi finals? What was your expectation of last season?

SAFMUTD

It's because our form since January has been outstanding. People are quick to point at the last 3 games and say "ole's shit!". We're trying to give some context here. Yes we've been bad so far, but it doesn't make Ole a bad coach or the players bad players. Give him some time. The next month will make or break Ole. If we are still poor and losing most of those games then I think a change will be made.
Globally since January results wise I agree, but our form has been poor for 3 months now, its not a thing about the last 3 games. Since the end of last season we were showing clear signs of slowing down.

At the end of the line its about progress, and at the moment we dont seem to be progressing at least not consistently.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is Castles just extrapolating "Bruno shouts something about wrong tactics at HT" into "Loses faith in Ole".

If you're questioning tactics openly at half time, but still have faith in the manager, you must be confused.

Also Bruno is right, Ole fecked the Spurs game right up.

Shark

@NotShark
You say underperforming team but finished 3rd and had 3 semi finals? What was your expectation of last season?
Finishing 3rd was a good achievement although with 66 points, but why does this keep getting brought up. Three semi finals and zero finals is not something to exactly shout from the rooftops.

Hoof the ball

As if. Everything we know about Bruno from testimony of Sporting fans, to Portuguese media alike told us that Bruno speaks his mind all the time and isn't afraid to ruffle feathers if he thinks it's in the best interests of team performance levels. We knew this, as fans, going into this, so let's not be surprised if Bruno gave Ole a piece of his mind, it's what he does and I doubt very much that Bruno would have apologised for his frankness. It's literally what he's done his whole career.

Bruno had a good 10 games or so, then been relatively ineffective. He needs to wind his neck in if he thinks he can start this shit.

We let these cnut players keep dictating things it will be Ole gone, then the next guy and so on...

lsd

The Oracle
Just means he was fighting with Maguire as why on earth would he have a go at Ole and not Captain Slow for that performance?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bruno had a good 10 games or so, then been relatively ineffective. He needs to wind his neck in if he thinks he can start this shit.

We let these cnut players keep dictating things it will be Ole gone, then the next guy and so on...
You know the pen Martial won vs Spurs? That was from a clean pass through players by Bruno.
You know the goal Rashford scored vs Brighton? Guess what - Bruno set him through.
Maguire's goal against Brighton? Yep, peach of a free kick from Bruno.

He might be off form, but even when off form he's ridiculously efficient. Not to mention he can't stop scoring the pens we get.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
An article claiming that a rumour nobodys ever heard mention of before is dismissed as lies.

Okay then...

TsuWave

Better than 33 points off the top. Better than 3 semi final losses. Better performances that didn't rely solely on individual moments of brilliant or penalty kicks.

You know the pen Martial won vs Spurs? That was from a clean pass through players by Bruno.
You know the goal Rashford scored vs Brighton? Guess what - Bruno set him through.
Maguire's goal against Brighton? Yep, peach of a free kick from Bruno.

He might be off form, but even when off form he's ridiculously efficient. Not to mention he can't stop scoring the pens we get.
You didn't read what i wrote. You answered a question i didn't ask.