Surveillance Draft- Final: Tuppet vs PatBepo

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuppet

Cheers guys and great discussion. Really hard luck @Šjor Bepo @Pat_Mustard on the injury. Looking at the score I think you'd have taken this game if there was no injury. Not that I am complaining I always knew that somebody has to go and break an opponents leg for me to get a win in a final/pat's team.

Happy that Zizou got the win, best player of the previous generation for me -

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Literally everything regarding a scenario like that has been addressed in this thread.
Indeed, we literally replaced a great keeper with an absolutely storming peak in Edwin van der Sar with jack-of-all-trades John O'Shea... and nothing happened, even with Robbie Keane clean through on goal.

I just spent all day discussing this on the phone and wanting to post that scorcher as soon as I got my laptop. :keano:

I could also post one of Tito Gonçalves Jr. preserving a 1-0 derby lead for a full 20 minutes.

Moby

Dick
Indeed, we literally replaced a great keeper with an absolutely storming peak in Edwin van der Sar with jack-of-all-trades John O'Shea... and nothing happened, even with Robbie Keane clean through on goal.

I just spent all day discussing this on the phone and wanting to post that scorcher as soon as I got my laptop. :keano:

I could also post one of Tito Gonçalves Jr. preserving a 1-0 derby lead for a full 20 minutes.
On my way to editing O'Shea's wiki page so that I can pick him as a goalkeeper in the upcoming draft!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
On my way to editing O'Shea's wiki page so that I can pick him as a goalkeeper in the upcoming draft!
I understand your reservations about "anything can happen in football", but that's what makes it the beauty it is. It's a team sport, and in its finest expression, it delivers outcomes whereby team efforts make up and overcome setbacks and weaknesses.

Does the logical outcome happen more often than not? I wouldn't be too sure. Clearly better teams usually prevail, whether reds or injuries go against them (mind, no such disparity is in play here). In fact, it is rare for an injury to make a good strong side capitulate. Red cards are a different cup of tea and have a greater impact making sides dysfunctional, but the delta between an injured player and his substitute is rarely such that everything else a side has going for it goes out of the window.

Actually, it often happens that the rival side loses a lot of what it has going for it by single-mindedly targeting the perceived weakness and becoming one-dimensional in the process. Another Spurs game comes to mind there, one where they stopped trying to elaborate play but just kept shooting on sight assuming DDG was a calamity waiting to happen.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Good game @Tuppet

Commiserations @Pat_Mustard @Šjor Bepo . The injury didn't do you any favours but that was a mighty fine team.
Cheers guys and great discussion. Really hard luck @Šjor Bepo @Pat_Mustard on the injury. Looking at the score I think you'd have taken this game if there was no injury. Not that I am complaining I always knew that somebody has to go and break an opponents leg for me to get a win in a final/pat's team.

Happy that Zizou got the win, best player of the previous generation for me -

Cheers lads and congratulations Tuppet! Well-deserved victory and a long overdue draft win for you. I'm honestly surprised that the injury didn't make more difference to the scoreline, as you seemed to be a few votes up throughout and the gap didn't widen that substantially after Ferrara came off.