The 1 Season Team Draft

Eddy_JukeZ

Don't think I've seen this kind of draft before and I've always wanted to do it.

How it works:

Most drafts on here as far as I know pick a player based on their performances over their entire careers or either club careers or international careers. This draft will be based on selecting players on their performances in 1 single season. So 2 different posters can have Messi in the same team, but from different seasons.

Example: I can pick Messi from the 2010/2011 season. Another poster can pick Messi from the 2014/2015 season.

While you're trying to build the best team, there has to be team planning and not just sticking the best 11 players on the team. The team has to be cohesive and functional.

You also choose a modern team's set-up that your team will follow(again a singular season) which will be drafted as well. 2 posters can't have the same set-up.

Example: If I pick Pep's Barcelona 2011, you can pick Pep's Barcelona 2009 as the set-up your team will follow. It's the same as players. Different versions are allowed.

You try to model your team for the set-up you've chosen.

To make it easier for everyone(and well me too haha), the players and tactical set-ups will be from 2000 to now.

General Rules:

- The team's set-up is picked 1st by everyone then the players.
- Snake Draft. 1-16, 16-1, 1-16, etc.
- Post your picks in the thread. Once made, they can't be changed.
- Picking order will be done by RNG once there's enough participants.

Draft Rules:

-
Players and team set-ups after 2000 to now are available to pick from.
- Teams have to have cohesive and functional. Not just the 11 best players.
- Teams are judged by how well the team would play and how well it'd follow the set-up chosen.
- Draft can begin a day after 16 people are willing to participate.
- Each poster has 8 hours to decide their pick.

Match Rules:

- Draft matches are decided by who would win in a single one off game akin to a Champion League final.
- Each participant has a vote and can provide a brief overview on why they believe one team would win over another.

Restrictions:

No restrictions on teams/players. However, the max of 3 different versions of a manager's set up or player is only allowed. After a 3rd Messi season is picked, he is no longer available to be selected. After a 3rd season of Pep's team set-up is picked, he is no longer available to be selected.

If anyone is confused and has ideas to improve the format of the draft idea, feel free to share.

Post if you're interested in participating.

Eddy_JukeZ

No one interested? :(

Guess it wasn't a good idea to start this thread during a current active draft.

Kazi

No one interested? :(

Guess it wasn't a good idea to start this thread during a current active draft.
Yeah. I think there was a draft quite recently where the specified a three year peak for each players.

Probably best to put this in the draft ideas thread.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah. I think there was a draft quite recently where the specified a three year peak for each players.

Probably best to put this in the draft ideas thread.
Can you link that thread?

Deleted member 101472

It's a good concept but a bit overkill, at least 7 teams will have a variation of Ronaldo or messi