The 4-Way Draft : SF - Skizzo vs Tuppet

With players at career peaks, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
VS

....................................... TEAM SKIZZO ....................................................................................... TEAM TUPPET .......................................

TEAM SKIZZO

Formation - 4-3-3

Zubizaretta maintains his place between the stick, and keeps the same defense in front of him. Joan Segarra, Ronald Koeman and Lilian Thuram join up with Tarzan himself in the defensive line. Migueli takes up his role in central defense, and will help marshall the defense against the Galactico's of the opposition.

Pep Guardiola comes into the DM role that he excelled in, looking to help maintain control of the midfield, and offer some defensive cover. In front of him is Xavi. Barcelona's leading appearance maker, and one of the top tier midfielders, not just of our generation, but perhaps of all time. He'll look to get involved in all aspects of the play. Michael Laudrup will play a slightly more withdrawn role, but look to get into similar positions, while drifting around into different areas to pull the defensive shape about. Xavi and Laudrup will look to link up in a similar fashion to how Xavi and Iniesta would for Barcelona.

A slight tweak to the three up top for this match. Johan Neeskens comes into the RW/RM position, both to help attack, and help maintain control of the ball, but also to offer protection against Nilton Santos if he attempts to push up that flank. Hristo Stoichkov starts on the left. Romario leads the line and will look to use his pace and runs to get in behind.

Tuppet has a phenomenal team, which led us to try and counter in the only way we could. We'll look to control more of the possession, limiting the chances the Brazilians get. With Pele, Garrincha et al, they'll obviously carry a goal threat throughout this game, so we'll look to take the sting out of it by maintaining possession when we can, and looking to strike quickly with the pace and directness of Stoichkov and Romario, while looking for the secondary threat of Laupdrup and Neeskens. We also offer a sizable threat from set pieces, and will look to take advantage of the ones we do get and hope to grind out a hard fought victory over the Samba Boys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM TUPPET

Tactic:

We are playing in a lopsided 4-2-3-1 formation. We are playing with same tactic and formation as the last game, with another huge upgrade in defense. The divine master Domingos da Guia comes in the team in place of Lucio. The undisputed best center defender from Brazil and one of the finest from South America would help shore up the defense. It couldn't have come at a better time as the team needed an intelligent presence against one of the finest Penalty area striker Romario. Our defense in general has came a long way from first group match and this is more or less the all time Brazilian back 4 we are fielding now. Its probably the first time our defense is on par or better than opposition, and this was very much required against Skizzo's attack here.
  • Garrincha’s more adventurous / less defensively reliable style of play is balanced on the other side by a much more hard working Rivellino. Rivellino has the same important role of 1970 team, without the ball he would be defending on the left side, while moving in the central midfield areas with the ball. Garrincha is just going to do his thing, most of our game is going to flow through him & Zico at the right side.

• The Nilton/Djalma double world cup winning duo is one of the finest and iconic fullback partnership and can be relied to perform well against the very best attackers.

• Gerson is the primary playmaker of the team from deep, partnered by probably the best brazilian midfield enforcer in Zito he would look to provide a defensive shield in front of Periera/Lucio partnership at central defense. Gerson would probably get underrated as he often does especially against B2B physical players, but he is rated as one of the finest playmaker/midfielder ever and did play against some great European midfielders and usually came out on top.

• Periera/Domingos is a complimentary stopper/ball playing defender partnership. Covered by the greatest Brazilian goalkeeper and two time world cup winner Gilmar.

• Zico is attacking midfielder while Pele is playing as striker, both would interchange from time to time, and share the goal scoring burden. Bred in the same Joga Bonito style of play I think they would thrive with each other.

• Finally, we are playing in the Brazilian style of technique and flair and would look to dominate the ball. In the same vein as well, I don’t expect us to keep Skizzo's formidable team at bay, and our hope is firmly on the shoulder of our front 5 to outscore the opposition. I do have a fantastic front 4 that reads as Football’s who’s who and a case could be made for them to the Top 4 Brazilian players ever. So yeah hope is that they would show up and get us over the line.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@Skizzo I would have played Laudrup on the right drifting in and Neeskens where Xavi is with the option to peel wide. @Tuppet looks awesome, the only aspect you could conceivably target is the midfield pairing and cutting off the transitions, but your trio looks lightweight.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Don't have much to say to be honest :lol: @Tuppet has a bit of a juggernaut going here.
I feel your pain man :lol:. I like Neeskens on the right wing personally. A pragmatic choice that adds alot in terms of ball-winnng and crowding the midfield. Fits into the possession tactic too, and keeping the ball off of that incredibly talented attack in the first place is as good a tactic as any. Whether it's enough against such a lethal and multi-faceted attack is the question.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Hell of a team Tuppet has going. Pele/Zico v the Guardiola/Koeman/Migueli axis is probably unrecoverable.