the academy against Wolves

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
On a cold, sunny morning at Compton, United's under 18's drew 1-1 with a strong physical Wolves team. In blustery conditions, United had numerous chances to win the game, but a solitary Christy Fagan penalty was all that United could muster.

Team: Amos, McCormack, Cleverley, Strickland, Chester, Drinkwater, Eikrem, Derbyshire, Brandy, Fagan, Bryan

Subs: C. Evans, Cathcart, Hewson, Welbeck

Meanwhile on the other pitch, the under 16's had to contest a 'battle royale' with their Wolves counterparts. Wolves had most of the play in the first period and hit the post. But United's defence held and went into the interval with the score at 0-0. United upped their game in the second half and Norwood and James started to control the midfield with some excellent passing. Substitute Nicky Ojose helped make the breakthrough, bursting into the box, beating the defending before he was brought down. Ollie Norwood despatched the resulting spot kick. Soon after, Ajose made it 2-0 after some clever play down the left and he lifted the ball over the keeper from a tight angle. The game got 'niggly' at the end but United were worth the win.

Team:Bulmer, Moffatt, Dudgeon, Farrelly, Gill, Norwood, Stewart, James, Williams, triallist, Bryant.

Subs: Ajose (10), Brown (5), Tunnicliffe (2)

The triallist was a forward called 'Paris' who is from Rushden & Diamonds.

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
On a cold, sunny morning at Compton, United's under 18's drew 1-1 with a strong physical Wolves team. In blustery conditions, United had numerous chances to win the game, but a solitary Christy Fagan penalty was all that United could muster.

Team: Amos, McCormack, Cleverley, Strickland, Chester, Drinkwater, Eikrem, Derbyshire, Brandy, Fagan, Bryan

Subs: C. Evans, Cathcart, Hewson, Welbeck

Meanwhile on the other pitch, the under 16's had to contest a 'battle royale' with their Wolves counterparts. Wolves had most of the play in the first period and hit the post. But United's defence held and went into the interval with the score at 0-0. United upped their game in the second half and Norwood and James started to control the midfield with some excellent passing. Substitute Nicky Ojose helped make the breakthrough, bursting into the box, beating the defending before he was brought down. Ollie Norwood despatched the resulting spot kick. Soon after, Ajose made it 2-0 after some clever play down the left and he lifted the ball over the keeper from a tight angle. The game got 'niggly' at the end but United were worth the win.

Team:Bulmer, Moffatt, Dudgeon, Farrelly, Gill, Norwood, Stewart, James, Williams, triallist, Bryant.

Subs: Ajose (10), Brown (5), Tunnicliffe (2)

The triallist was a forward called 'Paris' who is from Rushden & Diamonds.
greatly apreciated !

Einar15

Tony do you now have any more information on Joe Farrelly im really interested in what his best position is and his playing style.

Mr. MUJAC

Einar15 said:
Tony do you now have any more information on Joe Farrelly im really interested in what his best position is and his playing style.
Give me a couple of weeks and I'll see what I can do......there are no games this weekend so I'll ask around the following week....

I know that he has been out for nearly twelve months with a bad ankle injury that needed an operation......he can play in midfield or defence....

PS18

Tony - out of interest, were those four subs used in the U18 game? I'm assuming not, just want to check though.

Mr. MUJAC

PS18 said:
Tony - out of interest, were those four subs used in the U18 game? I'm assuming not, just want to check though.
No subs were used......

I will always put the changes in brackets...e.g. (8)....so unless you see this you can safely assume that they weren't used