The Final Ball

Big Andy

Bloke
Consistently we get this wrong, it really hurts us every single game. We get into so many great positions and we just feck it up with the most stupid attempts to pass when we should shoot, shoot when we should pass and do feck all when we should do something.

I’m sick to fecking death of the whole squad and their brain deadedness.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah, the decision making in the final third is chaotic and the players just look technically inept. Every cut back is a hit and hope, a break away always ends due to a shite pass. Do they not train attacking transitions in training? Its brain dead football

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
We don't have proper strikers. Martial is as useful as a chocolate teapot, Hojlund just a young lad.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Is there anything we do consistently well? Certainly not saving, defending, passing, running, creating or finishing. Are we even the sexiest team? We got to have something!

AndyMUFC86

I’ve been anlyising this for a couple of years now and you’re absolutely correct. We very often find ourselves in really great positions only to fluff our lines time and time again. This isn’t something that can be coached imo. It’s quality along with composure and that’s something you either have or don’t!

Stactix

Is there anything we do consistently well? Certainly not saving, defending, passing, running, creating or finishing. Are we even the sexiest team? We got to have something!
Best in the world at breaking records.

Lentwood

I don't think it's lack of quality, personally, I think it's lack of a plan.

As with every other part of the pitch, the forwards look like they've never met their teammates. There's no repeat pattern to what we are trying to do, its all off-the-cuff and chaotic.

We don't have a stock goal or even move. What's the plan? If I said, "describe a typical United attack" its hard to nail down what that is.

The_Midfielder

Dalot missed a sitter / went for goal at 1-0 and Bournemouth scored at the other end ..
In football , like in life, you could do 99% things right, but if you do not do that 1% , it's no use

Last edited:

afatzp

I recall Pep talked about that you can't train forward but have to buy the quality . it's either you have it or not. At the end of the day you know our forwards are not yet good enough to make proper decision in tight space. Maybe Garnacho and Hojlund could improve with experience, all others have been nailed on coffin .

tob

I'd say that the player with the best final-pass-foot in our squad is Sancho. He has an eye for a pass in the final third. Our other wingers/attackers don't. Except Fernandes. Van de Beek has good awareness in the final third, but he isn't playing for other reasons.
Think Hojlund would benefit by playing with someone like Sancho, but that's not happening.

Ceteris

When LeBron James returned to Cleveland with Heat for his first game he said he knew all his spots on the court in terms of shot making and he put up numbers that night.

Is Carrington not the same dimensions as OT? How come we get our crosses so wrong more than often.

I can't remember the number of decent crosses sent in for Hojlund.

Also on our cut backs in the box it's like we don't have any planned positions for players to be.

I remember Aguero used to kill us from cut backs by just been in the same position all the time.
Can't remember the last time we scored a well worked team goal.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
I'd say that the player with the best final-pass-foot in our squad is Sancho. He has an eye for a pass in the final third. Our other wingers/attackers don't. Except Fernandes. Van de Beek has good awareness in the final third, but he isn't playing for other reasons.
Think Hojlund would benefit by playing with someone like Sancho, but that's not happening.
Sancho is one of the biggest piece of shit that our club ever signed. A complete waster.

AndySmith1990

We always seem to talk about needing to buy midfielders and defenders, but the wide areas don't get much attention despite being really bad. Players like Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Antony, and Rashford are shite and constantly make the wrong decision when in good positions

United888

It’s fair to say that Dalot and Bissaka are not good enough to play in the system of how ten Hag wants us to play, and probably why ten Hag wants to sign Frimpong who had good end product last season. I also think we need to stick with Luke Shaw as left back because Reguilon is also not good enough with his final ball means we need to sign backup left footed CB.

I also think we shouldn’t be relying in Garnacho alone on the left because he is still very young. May be sign Ivan Toney to compete with Hojlund. And pray that Amad doesn’t take a while to get into the team and also doesn’t take a while to perform.

Overall, our poor final ball reflects to how poor our full backs are and how inexperienced our attackers and also how poor Martial and Rashford are.

luke511

We don’t have a playmaker in our front 3 so that’s a big problem, hopefully Amad can help fix that. We have one in Luke Shaw when he’s playing left back but that disappears when playing at cb, leaving Bruno the only player that can really create. If he has a stinker, like he did yesterday, then we’re fecked. The fact Ten Hag didn’t identify this and try and fix it by putting Shaw on the left is very worrying and makes me further doubt his ability.

Lee565

Well it isn't helped when ten hag uses our best full back to create chances as a centre back and buying a right winger for 80 million that can barely assist or score