Television Ghosts (BBC)

Amarsdd

Recently saw Mike Stoklasa (RLM) recommend this and thought I'd give it a go. Its from the creators of the Horrible Histories and I thought it was a very charming comedy. Well worth the watch. And having Charlotte Ritchie doesn't hurt at all.

There are three seasons till now, and now also a US version.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This is not getting enough love. The horrible histories guys are an enigma of our time, just so talented without being Oscar winners.

I started watching the US version and immediately booed their 'cheap imitation'. Then I kept watching and the humour is more risque (getting sucked off :lol: ) and definitely funny. Now I can't get enough of the US version. It's like the Office all over again.

Amarsdd

This is not getting enough love. The horrible histories guys are an enigma of our time, just so talented without being Oscar winners.

I started watching the US version and immediately booed their 'cheap imitation'. Then I kept watching and the humour is more risque (getting sucked off :lol: ) and definitely funny. Now I can't get enough of the US version. It's like the Office all over again.
I haven't given the US version a chance yet, looked like a very cheap imitation in the trailers. And thanks for bumping this thread, just realized they have already released the fourth season! Something to watch over the holidays.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The horrible histories guys are an enigma of our time, just so talented without being Oscar winners.
Simon Farnaby is the writer of Paddington 2 - one of the most feted films of our time! So it’s not like they don’t get their due.

I agree though, they’re great. I also enjoyed Ponderland, their Sky show with puppets that was completely slept on, and Bill, their film about William Shakespeare which is very HH in vibe.

A couple of them (the Captain and the caveman) have just done a feature length TV thing for Dave about an alien invasion that was pretty funny (though not quite up to their other stuff, and I didn’t like the main dude much) called “We Are Not Alone”..

Anyway yeah, Ghosts is great.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Aye, The US version is rubbish at first when it's basically trying to be our version. As soon as it realises it can be its own comedy after about 7 or 8 episodes it becomes actually good (but still not as good as the UK version I don't think!)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The UK version is absolutely brilliant.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Simon Farnaby is the writer of Paddington 2 - one of the most feted films of our time! So it’s not like they don’t get their due.

I agree though, they’re great. I also enjoyed Ponderland, their Sky show with puppets that was completely slept on, and Bill, their film about William Shakespeare which is very HH in vibe.

A couple of them (the Captain and the caveman) have just done a feature length TV thing for Dave about an alien invasion that was pretty funny (though not quite up to their other stuff, and I didn’t like the main dude much) called “We Are Not Alone”..

Anyway yeah, Ghosts is great.
So much to consider here. Firstly, I generally avoided Paddington movies but might give 2 a watch for these guys.

I think you mean Yonderland, and yes I used to enjoy that too many years ago. Will need to catch 'Bill' for sure. And thank you, thank you, for reminding me of the name of We Are Not Alone + the channel is on. I watched a third of it somewhere and thought it was quite good. But then completely forgot the name of both the programme and channel. :rolleyes: I agree the main character is totally shite.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
The UK version is absolutely brilliant.
It is brilliant. They manage to keep stretching the potentially limited storyline due to good writers, and obviously actors.

Just finished 18 episodes of the US version. Also high quality writing. Thankfully there is a second season at the beginning of 2023. :drool:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Late but I just finished series 1 and this show is beautiful, I nearly cried in episode 6. Agree about the Horrible Histories legacy, they're so good.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Been binging the original British version. Best Brit sitcom in a while. Watching the first episode of the US Ghosts. It's horrible!
Anyone remember The Ghosts of Motley Hall?