The next Liverpool manager | Arne Slot Liverpool's Báld Fraud

Mr Smith

One figure that a lot of people aren't considering but I think is a serious candidate if they can't get Alonso is Nagelsmann. I know his stock has kind of dipped in recent years but he's still one if the best young coaches in Europe and would offer good continuity in terns of style. I could see him being a sensible fallback if they can't get Alonso out of Leverkusen.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One figure that a lot of people aren't considering but I think is a serious candidate if they can't get Alonso is Nagelsmann. I know his stock has kind of dipped in recent years but he's still one if the best young coaches in Europe and would offer good continuity in terns of style. I could see him being a sensible fallback if they can't get Alonso out of Leverkusen.
Is he just a short term Germany manager then? It's not impossible they could be revitalised in home tournament like in 2006. Even if they don't win it you'd fancy he'd want a crack at the World cup and then go back into club football for 2026 season.

Nagalsmann won't even be 40 in 2026 so he's still got nearly three decades left of club management if he wants to.

Mr Smith

Is he just a short term Germany manager then? It's not impossible they could be revitalised in home tournament like in 2006. Even if they don't win it you'd fancy he'd want a crack at the World cup and then go back into club football for 2026 season.

Nagalsmann won't even be 40 in 2026 so he's still got nearly three decades left of club management if he wants to.
Yep, only has a contract until the Euros, abd every pundit is expecting he won't stay. A lot of people in Germany also seem to be expecting Klopp to take the job in 12 months; he's said he wants a different kind of lifestyle so the NT job would be perfect for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep, only has a contract until the Euros, abd every pundit is expecting he won't stay. A lot of people in Germany also seem to be expecting Klopp to take the job in 12 months; he's said he wants a different kind of lifestyle so the NT job would be perfect for him.
So Germany might do a Brazil and have a caretaker type in charge for 12 months if Klopp gives them word he'll take it sometime in early 2025?

FortunaUtd

It does make a lot of sense and I think it is a very possible scenario. Klopp switching jobs with Nagelsmann.

Ghirahim

Alonso or Zidane. Who would you pick?

It would be great to see Zidane manage in the EPL.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sorry about bumping an oldish thread (and a Liverpool one no less, shame on me), but to the scouse caftards. Is there any merit in the Arne Slot is in pole position for the Liverpool job?

I would be curious to see if he could do it at the top level, but I would also be sad, because it will make the caf hate my bald saviour.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Sorry about bumping an oldish thread (and a Liverpool one no less, shame on me), but to the scouse caftards. Is there any merit in the Arne Slot is in pole position for the Liverpool job?

I would be curious to see if he could do it at the top level, but I would also be sad, because it will make the caf hate my bald saviour.
I'd love that, better version of Ten Hag for me. Haven't seen anything on Slot to Liverpool up until now, although you might be better informed with access to Dutch news outlets.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'd love that, better version of Ten Hag for me. Haven't seen anything on Slot to Liverpool up until now, although you might be better informed with access to Dutch news outlets.
English bookies have him as favourite for the job apparently.

Infra-red

English bookies have him as favourite for the job apparently.
The bookies thought it was going to be Amorim (he was odds on), but now Slot is joint favourite, with De Zerbi 3rd. Mourinho has come out of nowhere and is now 4th favourite at 8/1...

Worth noting that these markets are notoriously fickle, though. It doesn't take very many bets to move the odds significantly.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

How does he stack up against Bosz? What makes him a more attractive proposition? Bosz did well at Ajax and is having a great season with PSV.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The bookies thought it was going to be Amorim (he was odds on), but now Slot is joint favourite, with De Zerbi 3rd. Mourinho has come out of nowhere and is now 4th favourite at 8/1...

Worth noting that these markets are notoriously fickle, though. It doesn't take very many bets to move the odds significantly.
FFS, Mourinho? :lol: I'll stop watching any games if he becomes our manager.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How does he stack up against Bosz? What makes him a more attractive proposition? Bosz did well at Ajax and is having a great season with PSV.
I think Slot is more flexible in his approach, though both want to play attacking football with pressure high up the pitch. Slot has overperformed quite hugely at both AZ and Feyenoord. Especially with us, as when he arrived we were a barely alive none entity. And more importantly. He turned us into a very attractive team to watch, which is not really something Feyenoord does.

Biggest difference is his rapport with media though, Slot is a very smooth talker and handles press conferences extremely well. He will also sound like an English literature professor compared to Vangle and Ten Hag. Compared to Bosz, well, Bosz failed at Dortmund so he is not the hip next cool toy.

I'm extremely biased in favour of Slot mind you. And I will defend him to the death on here if he goes to Pool :wenger:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think Liverpool directors would be incredibly stupid and tone deaf to appoint Mourinho. They'd be better off being Rodgers back.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think Liverpool directors would be incredibly stupid and tone deaf to appoint Mourinho. They'd be better off being Rodgers back.
I actually think it will never happen, the press is just going all over the place just to create content to fill-up the blank pages. The next manager is probably going to fail simply because replacing someone as charismatic as Klopp it will take a huge toll.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's not just the Chelsea touchline antics and his stint at United, it's also that he made Roma play some mind-numbingly dull and defensive football. Their resurgance under De Rossi alone is enough to go nowhere near Mourinho, as if we needed any more reasons for that.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
The Mourinho stuff is purely about him being at the game the other day though, right? And that's more likely because he still has a house in the area.

If you're going for the more experienced winner type appointment you might as well do Tuchel rather than Mourinho.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not just the Chelsea touchline antics and his stint at United, it's also that he made Roma play some mind-numbingly dull and defensive football. Their resurgance under De Rossi alone is enough to go nowhere near Mourinho, as if we needed any more reasons for that.
Hire Jose for half a season, sack him and then hire Gerrard. Win-Win :D

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
After the initial disappointment of being rejected by Alonso, I could get behind Amorin.

The rest of the candidates all sound very underwhelming.

Gene Loblaw

Supports
Arsenal
Wasn't Mourinho in the stands for the Fulham match? Obviously means nothing as far as his prospects, but he definitely was there intentionally just to stir the pot and link himself with the job more.

Scanny

After the initial disappointment of being rejected by Alonso, I could get behind Amorin.

The rest of the candidates all sound very underwhelming.
This is the problem with considering replacing ETH. Who actually is there? All potentially available are underwhelming.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is the problem with considering replacing ETH. Who actually is there? All potentially available are underwhelming.
There will be few good ones, not the popular choice but the people who are paid to make decisions should do it.

I mean couple of seasons ago, Arteta, Emery, Alonso wouldnt have been popular choices but now all 3 are excellent. Just like players, there will be plenty of talented managers.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Not the thread for it, but for me, you have to replace ETH at this point, even if there isn't a stand out candidate out there.

But you're right. Very few exciting targets at a time when ourselves, Bayern, Barca (and you, but that's just my opinion) are all looking for a new manager.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Gary O Neil. :lol: :houllier: :eek: :lol:
Might not be the right time, but I think there's potentially a very good manager there. Everything I hear about him makes me wonder if he'd do a good job at a bigger club. Just today there was a guy on SSN raving about him as a coach, how he's meticulous with his planning, how he studies the opposition to find their weakness and implements a game plan to exploit it. I genuinely do think there is a chance he'd surprise many, providing he didn't struggle with the pressure.