The next Liverpool manager | Arne Slot Liverpool's Báld Fraud

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Would be nice of Liverpool to have another banter era so soon, deflect a bit of attention while we rebuild again! :D
Love your thinking mate :lol: . It’s quite funny because even though Chelsea have been a shambles and worse than us this season you never really hear about it. But with us and Liverpool being the biggest clubs in England. Could be who rebuilds the quickest.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It would be just our luck if they got a shine-o-ball-o dutchman and he turned out good.
It would be hilarious if Ten Hag someone stayed in a job and we'd get to compare bald Dutch managers and argue whose more poundland than the other.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hopefully he fails like both our Dutch managers have. What is it with the Dutch managers anyway… they play good football in there league because that’s the type of league it is, a lot of space over there. Our league is completely different.
It's obviously because you English peasants aren't cool enough to play the real football god king Van Gaal en prince Erik envisioned for you to play.

AjaxNL

Slot is an excellent coach. I get that, coming from the Eredivisie, there will be a decent amount of skepticism if Liverpool appoint him, but he has done absolutely fantastic with both AZ and Feyenoord. He plays some very agressive, direct, high energy, high pressing football as well, so he could do well with Klopps legacy

RedRocket9908

If they want someone who will continue the Jurgen Klopp tradition of blaming the refs and VAR whenever they drop points then Gary O'Neil is the perfect choice

Zoo

Sky are saying they’d have to pay £9m compensation to Feyenoord..

Pentagruel

Hopefully he fails like both our Dutch managers have. What is it with the Dutch managers anyway… they play good football in there league because that’s the type of league it is, a lot of space over there. Our league is completely different.
Because most of the managers are from Ajax and they have had a very specific hierarchy and style which does not translate easily.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I don’t think he’ll ‘slot’ into the premier league.
After so many dutch managers failing lately outside the Eiredivse, I would say the chances of eventually this guy becomes good are becoming higher. They can't suck forever :D

C'est Moi Cantona

Slot is an excellent coach. I get that, coming from the Eredivisie, there will be a decent amount of skepticism if Liverpool appoint him, but he has done absolutely fantastic with both AZ and Feyenoord. He plays some very agressive, direct, high energy, high pressing football as well, so he could do well with Klopps legacy
Even if this is true, which it's very easy to be skeptical about, then he going to need to have the big personality to go with it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I've been saying Slot is better than Hag for 2 years. Now, seeing Erik at United this bar is not as high as it once was, but he's going to prove it. I hope. Maybe.

I will need to become a scouser though, any tips?
You'll need to throw out your Man City memorabilia. Scousers and City fans are not bed fellows, like, say other fans.

AjaxNL

Even if this is true, which it's very easy to be skeptical about, then he going to need to have the big personality to go with it.
Well what I said about Slot is factually true (about his achievements with AZ and Feyenoord, his style of play). Nobody who knows his work, can or will deny that part. What is up for debate is whether he can reproduce it in the Prem. Ten Hag came with a similar resumé after all

C'est Moi Cantona

Well what I said about Slot is factually true (about his achievements with AZ and Feyenoord, his style of play). Nobody who knows his work, can or will deny that part. What is up for debate is whether he can reproduce it in the Prem. Ten Hag came with a similar resumé after all
Better surely?

I don't know that much about Slot, what is his personality like?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
ETH played a great way with Ajax. Hasn’t brought it here though. Doing it at one team and then bringing it to the prem is a lot different

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Looks like there's a pattern with the managers we've been seriously linked with. Alonso, Amorim, Slot. They all seem to be punching above their weight somewhat. Seems to be what the Liverpool hierarchy want.
That and working on a very limited budget.

AjaxNL

Better surely?

I don't know that much about Slot, what is his personality like?
I actually think that Slots playing style is even more recognisable. Injuries or not, he always has Feyenoord playing with an extremely high intensity, high pressing football. I think Ten Hags playing style was a little more pragmatic and dependent on the players available. For instance, his last half year at Ajax was very grim,we just about dragged ourselves to the championship and the level of play was very low. I didn't see Slot going through such a prolonged drag. Having said that, Ten Hag achieved great succes at Ajax, something that Slot can only dream about. 4 championships, SF in the CL, multiple CL knockout rounds. Ajax has a lot more funds available mind.

Think the players love Slot. He seems to have a great way connecting with his team, and distilling the confidence in his players to play the way he likes. I think he has more social acumen than Ten Hag, who is more rigid. Whether he can make that connection with world star players at Liverpool, instead of nobodies/ up and comers at Feyenoord, remains to be seen.

Having said all this, I would absolutely love it if Ten Hag come back to Ajax next year. His discpline, tactics and his demanding nature is exactly what we need right now

erikcred

Having said all this, I would absolutely love it if Ten Hag come back to Ajax next year. His discpline, tactics and his demanding nature is exactly what we need right now
If we managed to find this Ten Hag, why would we send him back to you?

E-mal

I actually think that Slots playing style is even more recognisable. Injuries or not, he always has Feyenoord playing with an extremely high intensity, high pressing football. I think Ten Hags playing style was a little more pragmatic and dependent on the players available. For instance, his last half year at Ajax was very grim,we just about dragged ourselves to the championship and the level of play was very low. I didn't see Slot going through such a prolonged drag. Having said that, Ten Hag achieved great succes at Ajax, something that Slot can only dream about. 4 championships, SF in the CL, multiple CL knockout rounds. Ajax has a lot more funds available mind.

Think the players love Slot. He seems to have a great way connecting with his team, and distilling the confidence in his players to play the way he likes. I think he has more social acumen than Ten Hag, who is more rigid. Whether he can make that connection with world star players at Liverpool, instead of nobodies/ up and comers at Feyenoord, remains to be seen.

Them Dutch fans are back coating up shit with chocolate, Liverpool fans believe them at your own peril.
We have been led this path before and trust me you are being catfished. Once in a while you come across some quality in the Dutch league but it is mostly shite on stick over there, it is a low quality league

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Seriously? We're you saying this at the time? It seems we dropped the ball big time and the warning signs should have been there. Posters on here were going on like they were playing incredibly well.

AjaxNL

Seriously? We're you saying this at the time? It seems we dropped the ball big time and the warning signs should have been there. Posters on here were going on like they were playing incredibly well.
I somewhat did. Here are some things I said about TH in his last years at Ajax:

yeah you’re right, forgot about him. Never seen him play, but he was touted as a top talent. Going to Borussia Dortmund. For me, this all has to do with the fact that youth players get remarkably little playing time under Ten Hag. Ajax has bought A LOT of players over the last years, funded by the transfers of De Ligt and De Jong. It has been very hit and miss if you ask me, and all those players are in the way of academy players getting game time. I just don’t like it at all. Furthermore, it puts a lot of pressure on the business model of Ajax, which has always been about developing players and selling high. This squad is relatively old, certainly by Ajax’ standards and there are quite some first XI/first 15 players with little resell value (Blind, Klaassen, Tadic, Labyad, Promes, Haller). To be fair, I will be happy to see the back of Ten Hag this summer, I think time has come to move on..
You get a really strong fin du ciecle vibe with this team, where our best players are aging (Tadic, Blind) running down their contracts (Onana, Mazraoui) or leaving for sure (Gravenberch) and some of the other players are simply not good enough (Alvarez, Klaassen). In that sense, I think it is a good thing we are gonna get a big overhaul this summer and shake things up a little bit. ETH has gotten the most out of Ajax that he could, and now it is time for somebody else to pick up the glove, preferably with big changes in player staff as well.
Also, on Arne Slot, 3 years ago:

I don’t think this will ever be an option at United, but Arne slot is available for the season. Young coach, took over AZ last season, had them playing fantastic football and getting good results. He is viewed as the most talented Dutch coach. He was shock fired by AZ last weekend, for already talking to Feyenoord and presumably agreeing to go there next season (His contract was ending end of season). Quality coach and I would have loved him at Ajax after Ten Hag.

MegadrivePerson

Never heard of Arne Slot until yesterday but have been doing a bit reading about him today.

One thing that really stands out is how much Feyenoord fans love him, he's got a Klopp-like status there. Seems to have transformed them, while also playing good football. Won things, reached a European final as well. Also had AZ in 2nd place during abandoned Covid season.

Also seems clear he's very likeable and engaging, good with the media and keeps his players happy. Also a lot of talk of overperforming in the transfer market and getting the most out of players, bringing through youth.

Could be a Dutch Klopp?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Never heard of Arne Slot until yesterday but have been doing a bit reading about him today.

One thing that really stands out is how much Feyenoord fans love him, he's got a Klopp-like status there. Seems to have transformed them, while also playing good football. Won things, reached a European final as well. Also had AZ in 2nd place during abandoned Covid season.

Also seems clear he's very likeable and engaging, good with the media and keeps his players happy. Also a lot of talk of overperforming in the transfer market and getting the most out of players, bringing through youth.

Could be a Dutch Klopp?
Or another Dutch EtH.

Should be pretty clear by now that success in the Dutch league doesn’t necessarily translate well to the PL.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If they want someone who will continue the Jurgen Klopp tradition of blaming the refs and VAR whenever they drop points then Gary O'Neil is the perfect choice

Imagine someone waking up from a long months coma and suddenly read this news. The person will probably think he woke up in a parallel world.

Traub

Or another Dutch EtH.

Should be pretty clear by now that success in the Dutch league doesn’t necessarily translate well to the PL.
Afonso Alves always comes to mind. There may be a few gems in the Dutch league (De Jong for example), but the step up to the premier league just seems too much.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Gary O'Neil seems a interesting choice.
Would have him over Arnie Slot, personally.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Them Dutch fans are back coating up shit with chocolate, Liverpool fans believe them at your own peril.
We have been led this path before and trust me you are being catfished. Once in a while you come across some quality in the Dutch league but it is mostly shite on stick over there, it is a low quality league
Seriously. I'm worried. It's like getting a hyped up Ryan Babel but at a much more damaging level, i.e. management.