Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 10/11 | Season Preview Part 1+2 | Draft and Free Agency | The Lakers are 2010 Champions! | Still open to sign-ups

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
2011 Draft and Free Agency

Draft
  1. John Wall (PG 60/78) to the Chicago Bulls
  2. Greg Monroe (FC 58/75) to the Utah Jazz
  3. The Cub (@The Cat, C 52/77) to the Detroit Pistons
  4. DeMarcus Cousins (C 53/72) to the Orlando Magic
  5. Paul George (GF 53/71) to the Milwaukee Bucks
  6. Al-Farouq Aminu (F 50/68) to the Charlotte Bobcats
  7. Landry Fields (GF 57/65) to the Houston Rockets
  8. Jordan Crawford (G 53/64) to the Golden State Warriors
  9. Wesley Johnson (GF 54/61) to the Portland Trailblazers
  10. Derrick Favors (FC 42/65) to the Memphis Grizzlies
Free Agency

@P-Nut has left the Memphis Grizzlies to sign with @oneniltothearsenal's Sacramento Kings
@Solius has left the Orlando Magic to sign with the now-P-Nut-less Memphis Grizzlies

Free Agency Trade Window

@hobbers (BOS), @Dan & @The Cat (DET)

@altodevil (LAL) - why?

@Salt Bailly (DEN > TOR), @reelworld (DEN) - the Salt Bailly retirement tour continues.

@Stobzilla (SAS > NOL) - seems fair?

@sebsheep (MIA) - this is Chicago going all-in.

@Skizzo (IND) - someone in Oklahoma is really sure New York are going to be crap in 2014.

@reelworld (ORL > OKC) - and just like that there were no Cafites left in Orlando. This was too much to take for reelworld, so he immediately retired. His son, reelworld II promptly signed for the Denver Nuggets.

Good news! Now with the NBA's brightest young star, @P-Nut, I might finally have some help to make a final playoff run in my geriatric years!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm curious. Do those of you who aren't as successful as some in this experiment get anything out of it, or is it just "oh, another alert from nimic"? It's a potential weakness of this compared to something like an FM experiment, where you can basically guarantee that someone will be world-beaters through the potential ability rating. I wouldn't want this only to be interesting for Solius, altodevil and hobbers (and The Cat and weetee, champions that they are).

Oh, and the hammer.
I haven't won anything and I'm enjoying it. In fact I think I'd be more bored if I was constantly winning. Its the getting nearer each season that keeps me coming back. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I haven't won anything and I'm enjoying it. In fact I think I'd be more bored if I was constantly winning. Its the getting nearer each season that keeps me coming back. Or at least that's what I tell myself.
Yea. Imagine alto, has to retire at some point and when the successor hits only 64 max potential playing back-up for the bobcats it‘ll taint his whole legacy. Guess he’ll‘ just leave altogether (and keeps lurking incognito..)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We're actually quite good. :cool:

We're actually quite good because Derrick Rose is replacing me and is already better than I ever was. :(

10/11 Season Preview - Part 2 West New

nimic

something nice
Scout
10/11 Season Preview Part 2 - West

I've again simulated a week into the new season to get the squads and starting 5s sorted. Don't get too caught up on your team's record so far. It's a stupidly long season.

@Solius is now on the Memphis Grizzlies (53-29, Conference Finals)

I think this is one of those seasons where it will 100% come down to Solius to define what success looks like for the Grizzlies. He's by far the best player on the team, though they've at least got decent players in every position. Trust me, that's not a given.

-

@Stobzilla is on the very ugly New Orleans Hornets (38-44)

Stobzilla II is not on one of those "decent players plus a superstar" teams. The Hornets aren't terrible by any means, at least they don't look like it, but even getting to the playoffs would be a pretty big achievement for them. For Stobzilla II's sake, he's still young and learning, and his contract expires at the end of the season. So he's not in a rush.

-

@altodevil is still on the 3-in-a-row Los Angeles Lakers (64-18, NBA Champions)

altodevil keeps... not declining, exactly, but slowly changing. Conventional wisdom would suggest that he'll get a lot less effective as his physical attributes decline, but it's not like he'll be any kind of defensive liability. The slight increase in offensive skills might actually make a difference at some point. It also goes without saying that the Lakers are digustingly good. They're old, but somehow they keep improving.

-

@reelworld is on the Denver Nuggets (18-64)

I didn't actually put young reelworld II into the game before the season had technically started, which is why he hasn't had any change in his stats. It's also why he's only 17, which means he's got a long, long time to get better. It's not like his Nuggets are that bad either, though there's a pretty jarring lack of competent non-reelworld Guards.

-

@oneniltothearsenal and @P-Nut are both on the Sacramento Kings (28-54)

It seems like father time has really set his sights on oneniltothearsenal. That's the second year in a row with a pretty substantial stats decrease. Mind you, after the last one he actually got more Triple-Doubles than before, so who the hell knows. More worrying is the fact that P-Nut also saw a decline, though we've seen plenty of times before that a decline at 26 doesn't have to mean anything. He might go +3 in the green again next season, there's no causality here.

-

@Dr. Dwayne is on the Utah Jazz (31-51)

Speaking of old, declining players... actually, Dr. Dwayne got better since last time, at the tender age of 33. His Jazz aren't very good, but nor are they particularly bad. Still, getting to the playoffs might be difficult enough on its own. Either way, if Dr. Dwayne can keep warding off the grim reaper he might actually have one last shot at playoff success, given his contract expires at the end of the season. I suspect he'll not be as expensive next contract, for whichever team he chooses.