The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Why does Trump have anyone who is loyal to him? He's not loyal back. It's already been asked in this thread; who is in a better position after working for him other than his family? FFS he won't even pay Rudy what he owes him, so what exactly do people expect to get in exchange for their loyalty to a bankrupt loser?!

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Why does Trump have anyone who is loyal to him? He's not loyal back. It's already been asked in this thread; who is in a better position after working for him other than his family? FFS he won't even pay Rudy what he owes him, so what exactly do people expect to get in exchange for their loyalty to a bankrupt loser?!
I know, it's insane. You could understand it if he didn't have a whole lifetimes history of doing the same thing over and over again.

Greed and arrogance are the only answers I can come up with.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's kinda like autoerotic asphyxiation, as long as you don't lean in too far you can finish happily and alive, but get to greedy and you are just finished.
Edit: or so i've been told :nervous:

Blackwidow

I actually do not think that it really is about Trump right now but about that base that follows him...

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
A phrase which is equal parts alarming and hilarious. I wonder if he is there to deliver his bill?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I will miss him. This is a classic.
This was actually a real watershed moment for Trump, when journalists finally realised the emperor was naked. It was from here on in that journalists became a bit empowered to snap back at him and transparently mock him, safe in the knowledge that it would do their own brand some good rather than end in him ruining them.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I actually do not think that it really is about Trump right now but about that base that follows him...
That's true, although I wonder how much of his base will still be his base if he runs away without protecting the rioters from prosecution.

Oh, who am I kidding, they'll excuse that cowardice as well.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's kinda like autoerotic asphyxiation, as long as you don't lean in too far you can finish happily and alive, but get to greedy and you are just finished.
Edit: or so i've been told :nervous:
I'm sure you have :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I know I'm treading dangerously close to the "ex girlfriend" analogy we are big fans of on the Caf, but Trump really is like an abusive, lazy, untrustworthy boyfriend that people think can be "changed". People keep supporting him and he keeps using and throwing them away.

I can understand why nutjobs tolerate him, since he "speaks his mind" or whatever term they use when they really mean "he's an arsehole like we are". But why Trump? Why deify him? HIM of all people. Donald Trump. Feck sake.

SirAF

Ageist
I know I'm treading dangerously close to the "ex girlfriend" analogy we are big fans of on the Caf, but Trump really is like an abusive, lazy, untrustworthy boyfriend that people think can be "changed". People keep supporting him and he keeps using and throwing them away.

I can understand why nutjobs tolerate him, since he "speaks his mind" or whatever term they use when they really mean "he's an arsehole like we are". But why Trump? Why deify him? HIM of all people. Donald Trump. Feck sake.
It’s amazing, isn’t it? The guy has been a running joke for multiple decades!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It’s amazing, isn’t it? The guy has been a running joke for multiple decades!
Even after four years it's still impossible to fathom. Donald Trump is President. I just remember the joke from Demolition Man where Sandra Bullock says Arnie was President, and that is actually more believable than what has actually happened.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Give Trump his Twitter account for just that day :)
Give Trump his Twitter account for just that day ... and then autodelete each tweet 5 seconds after they appear, replacing them with a notice that says "This tweet has been removed because the originator is now irrelevant and inconsequential."

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
What the feck... Why is a pillow company meeting with the president and why did that pillow CEO know about martial law/insurrection plans? I'm genuinely confused.
It's the dreadful and pathetic state into which the Trump presidency has descended in its terminal days: a fantasist surrounded by fantasists, all disconnected almost entirely from reality.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots

Second that. Even objectively he's such a loathsome disgusting piece of shit of a human being. If you gathered 1000 random people who had no idea who the guy was and the context, and asked them what they thought of the guy based on a ten minute video collage of Trump being himself, I'm pretty sure 990 would say the same thing. I mean, even when he's trying to be nice he comes across as a massive asshole - ref that 9-11 commemoration tweet he managed to make about himself back in 2014. He's a disease.

How would anyone want to be friends with this guy, let alone elect him as the leader of a country. It's nearly impossible to sink any lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.