the under 9s

oskarutd

MATLOCK United Hawks and Matlock United Vipers under nines opened their pre-season build up in style by playing.....Manchester United.
The teams have been invited to to play two sides from the Old Trafford club's international soccer school and the fixtures saw them Dales lads lining up against players from as far afield as the Bahamas and Thailand.

In the Hawks' match, a solid midfield of Oliver Swale, Noah Evans, Liam Fairbrother and James Pooley sent Levi Nicholson in attack on a series of probing forays, while the display of newcomer Oliver Brockelhurst in defence left goalkeeper Jacob Poole a virtual spectator.

The deadlock was broken when Nicholson fired in a trademark netbuster following a fine passing move that saw the Hawks take the ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

As the first half continued, Manchester United began to find their rhythm and their Bahamian striker scored twice to take the advantage into half time.

The Hawks introduced Charlie Horridge into defence and William Rayson into the holding midfield role to put pressure on the United goal and Nicholson soon hammered home his second to level the scores.

Horridge defended stoutly, but Jacob Poole was narrowly beaten low to his right, just getting one hand to the Bahamian's excellent strike.

But the Hawks responded and the Manchester goal led a charmed life.

Swale and Brockelhurst replaced Evans and Fairbrother, who had put in Herculean performances, and Rayson went close several times following excellent team work.

But the sucker punch arrived with a deflected goal in injury time that made the final score a flattering 4-2 to the internationals of Manchester.

Matlock United Vipers under nines included new signing Josh Townsend in goal in a game that kicked off at a ferocious pace.

Mike Kimpton beat three players and shot just wide early on, while the Red Devils replied with a string of good moves that were all thwarted by Sam Kelly and Nick 'The Hat' Walker, who were tremendous in defence.

Vipers began to take control with Ollie 'Beckham' Walden and Dan 'Bite yer legs' Guerney dominating midfield.

Mark Stuart went close with two thunderbolts from outside the area, and strikers Colin 'Ninja' Elkington and James Reynolds troubled the Old Trafford side with every attack.

With five minutes to the break, Reynolds found Kimpton who beat two players and crashed in a low drive to make it 1-0.

United made a string of changes to turn things around, but Townsend was magnificent on his debut.

Then, when Walker was brought down outside of the home side's area, up stepped Walden to curl an unstoppable rocket past the United keeper.

The Vipers faithful were still singing 'It's just like watching Brazil' when Sam Kelly's long throw was knocked on by Walker into the path of striker Reynolds, whose left foot snap shot made it 3-0 to the Vipers.

The Reds did score a late consolation goal, but Stuart, Elkington and Kimpton all went close for Vipers before the whistle then blew for an historic win.

Even the cardboard cut outs of Wayne Rooney that were strewn around the ground were applauding the purple conquerors.
23 August 2006

http://www.matlocktoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?sectionid=750&articleid=1715881

Bahamian striker?
Thailand?
Anyone know more?
talking about internationals....... there must be no internationals at that age group!

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
WesBrownIsaGod said:
seriously, who gives a feck about a 1000 word essay on the state of the under 9's side? for feck sake
Then don't read it you tosser. oskar is a quality poster who keeps us all updated with the reserve and youth teams. If you've nothing constructive to add then keep out of this board you complete and utter tard.

M160RA

WesBrownIsaGod said:
seriously, who gives a feck about a 1000 word essay on the state of the under 9's side? for feck sake
I do.

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
WesBrownIsaGod said:
fair enough, your man oskar seems to post a lot of good stuff about reserves and that, but under 9's? feckin hell.
this is the Reserve/Youth forum

personally I'm not even remotely interested in the under 9's but some might be and those posts belong in here

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
WesBrownIsaGod said:
nah, not really.

fair enough, your man oskar seems to post a lot of good stuff about reserves and that, but under 9's? feckin hell.
Will you be saying that when Josh Townsend keeps goal for England in 15years time?

Remember, you heard it on this thread first ;)

Wes

you have to admit, this thread would never have seen over 3 posts if not for my correct if coarse remark. I MADE THIS THREAD WHAT IT IS (under 9's, iask you..)

032Devil

WesBrownIsaGod said:
you have to admit, this thread would never have seen over 3 posts if not for my correct if coarse remark. I MADE THIS THREAD WHAT IT IS (under 9's, iask you..)
Three sincere posts are alot more preferable than your idiotic input.

oskarutd is a committed no-nonsense United poster who's input is greatly valued only for him to be insulted by a moron like you.

Like I said: get lost!

Wes

032Devil said:
Three sincere posts are alot more preferable than your idiotic input.

oskarutd is a committed no-nonsense United poster who's input is greatly valued only for him to be insulted by a moron like you.

Like I said: get lost!
handbags at nine paces with this cnut. cheer up chappy;) .

i withdraw my "Idiotic input" then, what sayeth thou?