Television The Wheel of Time - BOOKS and TV show thread - SPOILERS ALLOWED

Bobski

This is the biggest issue for me as having not read the books. The actor and the character are rubbish.
It is the greatest failing of the show, you have one of the best character arcs in the genre, and so far they have pretty much systematically removed the majority of his key plot points from the first 2 books, and pretty much the 3rd given where they look to be heading next season. What a surprise the character and actor are dull and not engaging with that set up.

But hey we got plenty of Warder threesome action, plenty of invented mediocre filler fluff with Rosamund Pike to keep her engaged, more Warder threesome action, Barthanes wibbling on about sandwiches, Lan pissing against a tree, Linadrin back story to humanize her, and all sorts of anything but giving Rand, Mat and Perrin anything meaty to work with.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It is the greatest failing of the show, you have one of the best character arcs in the genre, and so far they have pretty much systematically removed the majority of his key plot points from the first 2 books, and pretty much the 3rd given where they look to be heading next season. What a surprise the character and actor are dull and not engaging with that set up.

But hey we got plenty of Warder threesome action, plenty of invented mediocre filler fluff with Rosamund Pike to keep her engaged, more Warder threesome action, Barthanes wibbling on about sandwiches, Lan pissing against a tree, Linadrin back story to humanize her, and all sorts of anything but giving Rand, Mat and Perrin anything meaty to work with.
Pretty much this. Also, turning the Seanchan into an even more inept version of storm troopers was a choice.....

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This thread is so negative I might have to put it on ignore before it depresses me.
If that's all it takes to depress you I recommend skipping all of the scenes with Perin... probably Nynaeve as well.

On a positive not, the way they wrote the Rand/Turak scene was legitimately brilliant.