Thorpe, Morrison and Tunnicliffe

lysglimt

Scout
Do any of you know if these guys are from the Manchester-area ?

PS18

Yeah, Tunnicliffe's from Heywood, near Rochdale. I have a feeling the other two are from around Manchester as well but wouldn't like to say for sure.

Decotron

Im really liking what Ive seen of Thorpe so far. The difference in the team of late with him playing instead of Gill speaks volumes. Bloody nepotism :D

Morrison's pace and dribbling are truly impressive, stands out a mile at times.
With the usual physical development he could become a serious player for us.

cj_sparky

Im really liking what Ive seen of Thorpe so far. The difference in the team of late with him playing instead of Gill speaks volumes. Bloody nepotism :D

Morrison's pace and dribbling are truly impressive, stands out a mile at times.
With the usual physical development he could become a serious player for us.
I don't want to jinx the lad or nothing but Morrison looks like he could well be one of the best to ever come out of our academy if he continues to progress. Was very impressed when he played for England in the Victory Shield.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't want to jinx the lad or nothing but Morrison looks like he could well be one of the best to ever come out of our academy if he continues to progress. Was very impressed when he played for England in the Victory Shield.
In terms of footballing skills he can't be far away from where Giggs was at that age....

But - there is something about Tom Thorpe - he could go far.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
In terms of footballing skills he can't be far away from where Giggs was at that age....

But - there is something about Tom Thorpe - he could go far.
It's an interesting comparison, but Ravel is nowhere near Giggs at the same age.

Morrison looks a very good prospect and has lot's of skill. But at the same age Giggs had already led Salford to the final of the English Schools trophy, was made captain of the England Schools team, and already appeared in United's reserve team. He was so far ahead of everyone his age and two years older, running games and scoring lot's of goals. In his second year he was a regular in the reserves and was then drafted into the first team.

Ravel, while a gifted player is not in Ryan's class.

Thorpe had a really good finish to the 2007/08 season and this year has been outstanding. He didn't look out of place in the two England Schools games he featured in during October and November and has made the step up to the 18's with ease.

Let's hope they both continue to develop and progress.