Television Tokyo Vice

wr8_utd

:'(
I used the search feature and was a bit surprised to find no thread for it because I remember a lot of us discussing Season 1.

Either way, the trailer for Season 2 is out and it airs February 8th.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
snap! Just posted it in the tv show thread.

first season was great.

can’t believe it’s been two years, modern tv shows take forever :(

wr8_utd

first season was great.

It really does! Though I do think the TV strike has really affected a lot of shows. Though the perks of modern television are that with so many streaming shows around, you kind of have enough to get you along.

jadaba

first season was great.

Just why *do* they take so long? Something like Squid Game, it's been nearly 3 years since that and probably has another 2 years or so before the second season is given to us.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
That trailer had a pretty big spoiler :lol:

Well at least we know that the best character survived the stabbing. If he doesn't sing Backstreet Boys in the car again I will riot!

Massive Spanner

It’s actually so hard to remember all this shit when shows take 2 years to release new seasons.

bit of a slow burn so far compared to the first season.

I must say the video tapes all being in the one safe in episode one was a terrible plot device :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s actually so hard to remember all this shit when shows take 2 years to release new seasons.

bit of a slow burn so far compared to the first season.

I must say the video tapes all being in the one safe in episode one was a terrible plot device :lol:
Yeah I could've done with a recap. No clue what's going on now.

wr8_utd

I'm on episode two. Took me a while to be able to be back on track with what was happening but its really good now that I am!

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I've just had a look and its not available on there, only to pay for S1. I watched S1 on BBC Iplayer so wasn't sure if it was coming back on that?
That's annoying. It was on bbc1 last year but it must've been time restricted.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good season.

Didn’t expect it to be fully wrapped up like that. Will need a whole new story if they’re to do another season. Be good to see more on Sato now.

Amir

Good season.

Didn’t expect it to be fully wrapped up like that. Will need a whole new story if they’re to do another season. Be good to see more on Sato now.
I was pleasently surprised with that ending as

I feared they would end another season with the good guys looking to be winning, only for the bad guys to turn it around at the end. It would have been annoying to do it again.

Yep, a very good season.

Massive Spanner

Good season.

I’m glad they closed out the Tozawa story, it only because the show supposedly doesn’t get amazing ratings and it must be pretty expensive to make it in Tokyo, so who knows if we will get a third season. It wouldn’t be a bad place to end it.

In saying that, there is plenty of material for a new season, you’d imagine at some point it would turn into a Jake vs Sato thing now that Sato is essentially running things for the Yakuza. Sato is just a great character.

I can do without any more Samantha storylines though. They’re easily the most boring part of the show. Another fecking plot about her opening a club, no thanks.

but yeah, great show, easily one of the most underrated on tv.