Player Agent: 10Ten Football
Squad Number: #22
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2024
Date of Last Contract Extension: Jun 16, 2023

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Honestly he doesnt look bad whenever he plays. Can we put him as 1st GK if De Gea leaves and spend the money on other positions instead?

Dve

Really solid performance from Heaton the first half. A couple of solid saves, commanding the box, tidy contribution. Flawless.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I hope we keep him. I suspect he's great for the dressing room.

dr.twinny

I like that he didn't really wilt much under Arsenal's press and played some pretty good passes (which even contributed to our first goal) instead of wildly booting it upfield. He did flap at a couple of crosses however which luckily for us didn't result in us conceding a goal. Overall, a pretty solid performance today.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I like that he didn't really wilt much under Arsenal's press and played some pretty good passes (which even contributed to our first goal) instead of wildly booting it upfield. He did flap at a couple of crosses however which luckily for us didn't result in us conceding a goal. Overall, a pretty solid performance today.
Learning under ETH and even Onana after a training session. Showing that he can be called up on to be number 2 this season.

CM

Not even exaggerating, Heaton's contribution for the first goal last night is better than anything De Gea has ever done on the ball in a United shirt. Amazing what a difference it makes when your goalkeeper doesn't treat the ball like a hot potato and actually takes the time to assess his options.

I would keep him around as number 2. He played well, has invaluable experience and seems like a positive influence on the dressing room.

Oranges038

Only preseason, but already it's obvious that having a keeper who does more than hang around on the line looking to make saves has it's upsides.

Heaton is a very good keeper, be great to see him stick around as backup, but if he thinks he's better off trying to be a no.1 somewhere for a couple of years then you can't blame him for wanting to go.

CallyRed

Liked EtH reaction towards him when we scored the first goal. Think he was just happy a decent pass was made by a GK.

CloneMC16

Heaton has really impressed me each time he's played. He's a quality backup. Hope he's staying.

EI Beatle

With Onana gone for a month at the AFCON, Happy with Tom as a no.2 and play him in some cup games.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
It makes sense for him to stay as number 2 this season

Going forward, I suppose it depends on whether Onana plays almost all matches in every competition or whether Ten Hag signs/wants a "cup keeper". If the second option, you'd assume we'll sign/use someone at the earlier stages of their career.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I hope he stays. He's still a solid GK and is seen as the one of the leaders in the squad.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is actually the number 1 GK, Onana is only here as a backup when we want to press more.