U18's at Blackburn Rovers

PS18

Seems we lost 2-1. Hard to find anything out anything else about the game at all at the minute, nothing on either club's websites. Anyone know anything more?

oskarutd

PS18 said:
Seems we lost 2-1. Hard to find anything out anything else about the game at all at the minute, nothing on either club's websites. Anyone know anything more?
Amos
McCormack (injured, Drinkwater), Eckersley, Chester, Cleverley
Bryan (Ajose), Hewson, Evans, Gailbraith
Brandy, Fagan (Welbeck)
Not used: Zieler(!)

Fagan scored after 26 secs, 2-1 at halftime.

PS18

Disappointing result on the back of that cracking youth cup performance. Maybe too much to expect such a young team to maintain that form though. Great to see Ron-Robert back anyway.

julesee

yeah bit of an average intake if u ask me despite their relative youth

PS18

think that's a bit on the harsh side. there are several talented kids there (so many are young internationals for a start) but their relative youth also contributes towards a lack of physicality and they're all too easily bullied by older, stronger teams at the minute. i think we got a real indication of their quality in the youth cup game against southampton, another team who place the emphasis on technique ahead of physique.

they deserve a lot more time to mature both individually and as a unit before being written off as an average intake.

julesee

perhaps...just a personal view. I hope I am proved wrong. Its just that Brandy aside not many of the players excite me....the sides of the last two years have just been better skillwise.