U18s: Pele Challenge

oskarutd

United's Academy players are preparing to pit their skills against some of the best young talent in the world... and Brazilian legend Pele will be there to watch.

The Reds are one of four sides competing in the three-day Pele Challenge at Sheffield United Academy and kick off their quest for the trophy with a match against the hosts on Tuesday 6 November (12:00 GMT).

Paul McGuinness' side, who have won eight of their last 10 league fixtures, will then face Sao Paulo (Wednesday 7 November, 11:00 GMT) and FC Porto (Thursday 8 November (10:30 GMT).

Pele, regarded by many as the greatest player to ever grace a football pitch, will be in Sheffield to help The Blades launch new exhibitions at the club museum and is expected to watch some of the action.

"Pele will be at some of the games in the tournament," Sheffiled United Academy Director Simon McCabe confirmed, "and we are expecting Sao Paulo to send several members of Brazil's U17 World Cup squad."

from manutd.com

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Thanks, Oskar. Will our matches be shown on MUTV?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Nah, I think Bryan got the goal alright. According to this

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=505216

some of the youngsters played half a game in Sheffield and half a game in Middlesbrough.

oskarutd

In the England, Sub-17 defeats the Manchester United Tricolor passed for the English team with the scoreboard of 4x1. Near adversary is
the Sheffield FC Ana Paula Andrade - 7/11/2007

The team sub-17 of the São Paulo Soccer Club defeated the Manchester United by 4x1 in party carried out there is little in the field of the Academy of the Sheffield, in the England. The goals of the victory are-paulina were marked by the attacking Júlio César (3) and Henrique. The game is part of the Challenge Pelé of International Soccer Sub-17, in commemoration to the 150 years of the Sheffield FC.

The Tricolor one, under the command of the technical one Zé Sérgio, return to field in this fifth (08), when faces the Sheffield FC, at 16 o'clock (schedule of Brasilia), in the Stadium Bramall Lane. To party will have to illustrious presence of Pelé, Brazilian player considered the best one of all of the times.

http://www.saopaulofc.net/spfc/noticias2NOVO2.asp?PLC_map_001_c=02.01&PLC_cng_ukey=39393125002I7YVQSG

Cold_Boy

I am confused about our youngsters.

Didn't we win that world club championship kind of a thing?But yet we dont do well in the leagues and other tournaments.

oskarutd

Didn't we win that world club championship kind of a thing?But yet we dont do well in the leagues and other tournaments.
I guees that is the problem with youngsters !
They are not consistent.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Probably very different teams.

A fair few of the kids who played in the World Youth Championship thingy are in our reserves now and won't be playing in this competition.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
In the England, Sub-17 defeats the Manchester United Tricolor passed for the English team with the scoreboard of 4x1. Near adversary is
the Sheffield FC Ana Paula Andrade - 7/11/2007

The team sub-17 of the São Paulo Soccer Club defeated the Manchester United by 4x1 in party carried out there is little in the field of the Academy of the Sheffield, in the England. The goals of the victory are-paulina were marked by the attacking Júlio César (3) and Henrique. The game is part of the Challenge Pelé of International Soccer Sub-17, in commemoration to the 150 years of the Sheffield FC.

The Tricolor one, under the command of the technical one Zé Sérgio, return to field in this fifth (08), when faces the Sheffield FC, at 16 o'clock (schedule of Brasilia), in the Stadium Bramall Lane. To party will have to illustrious presence of Pelé, Brazilian player considered the best one of all of the times.

http://www.saopaulofc.net/spfc/noticias2NOVO2.asp?PLC_map_001_c=02.01&PLC_cng_ukey=39393125002I7YVQSG
That Henrique kid looked shit hot in the summer tournament when we played em. Looked like a young Ronaldo.