U18s: United v Sunderland

Black Alabaster

Another KambwalaBall masterclasss incoming, looking forward to this one!

Interesting to see how moorhouse gets on with Oyedele and Gore supportin in midfield now, that looks a really balanced solid trio in there I expect control.

Berry seems off the boil a bit from what i've seen.

Ethan Williams though I do get Rashford vibes from him, similair kind of frame and only 17, like to see him progress more he's been good this year!

AJ VII

Why do they show commercials for other programs in the middle of the match?

Seems very strange to do when there is only a couple of matches a week.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Felt like Kambwala was a lost cause for a while. And sure, he still got ways to go. But even if he is an overager, it doesn’t look like he missed much of a beat. Man among boys. Loves his style, good dribbler. Agile. Big physical presence at CB. Good passer. Involved in the offense.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Kambwala has been excellent and looks way too good for this level.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Kambwala has been excellent and looks way too good for this level.
Yeah, I don’t know if he got the game tempo to compete with Mengi, DiShon Bernard, Fredrichson, Rhys Bennet and co at CB with the U23 team — our CBs there are quiet good, right? — his potential definitely earn him a chance to be promoted if there is an opening.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, I don’t know if he got the game tempo to compete with Mengi, DiShon Bernard, Rhys Bennet and co at CB with the U23 team — our CBs there are quiet good, right? — his potential definitely earn him a chance to be promoted if there is an opening.
I think it's just a case of giving Kambwala game time after his injury ravaged last two seasons where he's missed a lot of games.

And I think once the coaching staff believe he's up and running, then I believe he'll be playing regularly with the u21s.

He has been subbed off at half-time, so let's hope it's not another injury.

lysglimt

Scout
Just to prove how fast things turn around - 2.5 years ago Sunderland had the worst u18 side ever seen at this level - now they are top of the table.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Depressing but this is a painfully average crop of players.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I think it's just a case of giving Kambwala game time after his injury ravaged last two seasons where he's missed a lot of games.

And I think once the coaching staff believe he's up and running, then I believe he'll be playing regularly with the u21s.

He has been subbed off at half-time, so let's hope it's not another injury.
For sure. Has he had any other injury than the broken foot? IIRC he suffered that in a friendly against a men’s team. That type of injury can happen to anyone, would be worse if it was something that kept coming back and bugging him.

Hopefully it’s nothing serious that forced him to go off this time. Didn’t see him involved in anything that could have caused something. A lot of flu’s going around etc, can be anything.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
For sure. Has he had any other injury than the broken foot? IIRC he suffered that in a friendly against a men’s team. That type of injury can happen to anyone, would be worse if it was something that kept coming back and bugging him.

Hopefully it’s nothing serious that forced him to go off this time. Didn’t see him involved in anything that could have caused something. A lot of flu’s going around etc, can be anything.
I have no idea on the nature of his injuries.

I think he was probably taken off at half-time due to playing successive games in the span of 2 to 3 days.

lysglimt

Scout
Depends how you look at it - there are a few very talented players here. And then there are some who are more average

lysglimt

Scout
Finally 1-0 Gore. Worst miskick turned into a perfect pass to himself. Credit to Williams for the low cross - and to the number 15 (Norkett ?) who blocked the defender

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Gore's the best player in the 18s by a mile.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Some terrific saves in the 2nd half from the Sunderland keeper.

brother ant

Gore's the best player in the 18s by a mile.
He is one of my favourite players to watch (at least last year)

To me is seems he started the season in poor form for some reason but sounds like he is getting back to his best.
Any highlights as I missed the last couple of games

lysglimt

Scout
What about big Wily?
The guy has played ... I don't know - 6-7 (?) games in 2 years - the talent is of course there, but I don't even think about him until he can stay injury-free a few months at least.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The guy has played ... I don't know - 6-7 (?) games in 2 years - the talent is of course there, but I don't even think about him until he can stay injury-free a few months at least.
That’s fair

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Kambwala looked quality for the half a game he played - injured again? - but Aljoffre continues to impress me. Moorhouse, and Gore looked pretty good. Oyedele could be a cracker, whilst Norkett looks to be getting stronger and faster

Ace of Spades

Kambwala looked quality for the half a game he played - injured again? - but Aljoffre continues to impress me. Moorhouse, and Gore looked pretty good. Oyedele could be a cracker, whilst Norkett looks to be getting stronger and faster
Thankfully no, it was a planned sub.

lysglimt

Scout
Yes Aljofree looks a "ten Hag-defender" - composed, reads the game well, good with the ball at his feet. We have an interesting group of defenders who are born late 04 and 05 in Jackson, Fredricson and Aljofree - all three of them could go really far.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is that confirmed by post-match interview? So worried about the kid. He looked a different level.
His agency has supposedly confirmed it according to the twitter handle below.

Bojan Djordjic

Really? I thought I had heard before that there was a really strong crop coming into the 18s this year but I'm completely unfamiliar with any of them to know any better.

PS18

'Painfully average' is kneejerk negativity, something this forum seems weirdly prone to (pretty sure same sort of thing was being said last season and the team went on to win the Youth Cup).

Shaggy1988

As a Plymouth Fan as well as a Red Devil, I had the privilege of watching Hasney Aljofree,Sonny's Father play live. From what I've read of him he seems to have inherited a lot of his old man's best qualities,albeit at a higher level potential.