U21s: United vs Spurs

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Live on MUTV tonight 19:00 BST.

Nice to have a bit more of depth to choose players from, with the return of Oyedele & Hugill.

A draw and we've secured the spot in the Division 1 for next year.

Gungerz

Lucas Moura will probably be playing. He's started and scored in their last two U21 games, even though he's confirmed to be leaving the club at the end of the season.

Bit like what Chelsea did last year, drafting in first-team players to save them from relegation.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Lucas Moura will probably be playing. He's started and scored in their last two U21 games, even though he's confirmed to be leaving the club at the end of the season.
Another up & coming talent from the spurs academy

Beaucoup

You can tell Oyedelle’s been playing senior football, playing nice and simple

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You can tell Oyedelle’s been playing senior football, playing nice and simple
Always thought he was a decent little player for our youth sides, hope he goes on to have a decent career.

lysglimt

Scout
I am really struggling to see what made Collyer so special that he was an England U17-international and so highly rated that we picked him from Brighton. He is not a bad player of course, I just don't see what makes him special

top1whoisman

Scout
I am really struggling to see what made Collyer so special that he was an England U17-international and so highly rated that we picked him from Brighton. He is not a bad player of course, I just don't see what makes him special
Based on the limited amount I’ve seen, I agree.

top1whoisman

Scout
I will probably regret this comment in the morning, but bear in mind I have had a few drinkies this evening.

We would be better off with Joe Hugill sitting on the bench rather than Weghorst.
Absolutely agreed. I mean he was struggling in the National League so he’d probably be a big hit in the PL.

In Rainbows

Considering Emeran has been our best player by far on the night - not so surprising
That doesn't really factor into why I asked that. Emeran's outlook as a whole is what brought that question out. I would rather take a chance on Mejia than someone who doesn't have much to make you project a future at United. Granted, both players are long shots to United's first team, so it's splitting hairs.

lysglimt

Scout
That doesn't really factor into why I asked that. Emeran's outlook as a whole is what brought that question out. I would rather take a chance on Mejia than someone who doesn't have much to make you project a future at United. Granted, both players are long shots to United's first team, so it's splitting hairs.
Mejia really doesn't offer that much - he was a huge talent when he joined, but injuries have ruined his career. And Emeran offers pace, which Hugill and Mejia lacks - so it would make sense to start Emeran in my opinion.

A team with Hansen-Aaroen, Oyadele, Hugill, Mejua and Wellens would be too slow