U23s - Manchester United vs Sunderland

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The pessimist in me thinks they've been frozen out completely. Still a strong side though. In theory we should walk this because Sunderland are awful.

ImHoeg

Hopefully they are in the team for Sheffield United. I really hope that Angel gets som playing time this weekend.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The pessimist in me thinks they've been frozen out completely. Still a strong side though. In theory we should walk this because Sunderland are awful.
Yeah what I was thinking as well. Not sure how much time they’ve had to recover from the international matches, but I agree that we might not see them again unless they re-sign.

lysglimt

Scout
1 Point in 10 for Sunderland
2-14 goal difference in the last 4 games.

Anything but a 4-5 goals win will actually be disappointing...

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah what I was thinking as well. Not sure how much time they’ve had to recover from the international matches, but I agree that we might not see them again unless they re-sign.
I doubt that - Chong played 2 weeks ago. Why suddenly freeze him out now. More likely they are being spared for Astana

top1whoisman

Scout
I doubt that - Chong played 2 weeks ago. Why suddenly freeze him out now. More likely they are being spared for Astana
That could be the case, too. It’s the pessimist in me thinking that they still had belief that Chong would sign and that hope is now gone.

lysglimt

Scout
That could be the case, too. It’s the pessimist in me thinking that they still had belief that Chong would sign and that hope is now gone.
I don't know - but I think there will be - and there should be - a lot of changes for that game. The entire first-11 should be left out for that game. Even if we beat Astana we will need a Draw against AZ to win the group. Might as well drop the entire team and have fresh legs for Villa - and then play a stronger side at home against AZ. We will win the group with a win in that game regardless.

top1whoisman

Scout
I don't know - but I think there will be - and there should be - a lot of changes for that game. The entire first-11 should be left out for that game. Even if we beat Astana we will need a Draw against AZ to win the group. Might as well drop the entire team and have fresh legs for Villa - and then play a stronger side at home against AZ. We will win the group with a win in that game regardless.
Totally agree, would like to see most of the "1st team" rested, perhaps give minutes to some returning players if they're ready, on top of a young lineup. But don't see a problem for Chong to play tonight AND 6 days later against Astana.

Allas8

Chong might be on the bench for the Sheffield United game, considering our injury situation. While Gomes played 2(?) games during the international break, dont think we want to risk him for the Astana game.

top1whoisman

Scout
Chong might be on the bench for the Sheffield United game, considering our injury situation. While Gomes played 2(?) games during the international break, dont think we want to risk him for the Astana game.
Can’t see him getting on the bench ahead of Garner/Matic, Mata, Lingard & Greenwood (plus two defenders and Romero). Could of course be in the travelling group.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Hope Levitt pulls out a top performance in front of Ole and Phelan. I want to see him get a chance in the first team before the end of the season.

lysglimt

Scout
Now that pass from Levitt was World-class. Great finish from Ramazani. 1-0

Indnyc

Levitt to Ramazani.. Beautiful goal.. 1-0 United

Edit: may have been offside but whatever

lysglimt

Scout
Don't say this often, but it's actually been a bit boring so far

lysglimt

Scout
Galbraith with a nicely taken goal. Finds the bottom corner from 20 yards. Nice play from Laird - ball deflected out to Galbraith who scored

AltiUn

Can't believe Laird's been booked for that.

top1whoisman

Scout
United’s final sub as Taylor comes on for Mengi. Laird with a great low ball and Devine almost makes it 3-0 from the far post.

Bwuk

Levitt can’t be far off. Even if he doesn’t make it here he’ll be a premier league player no bother.

AltiUn

How have we not scored there.

AltiUn

Fantastic composure, what a player Ramazani's turning into, 3-0.

AltiUn

3-0 final score, very comfortable performance. This team is coached remarkably well, nearly all the best players in this team are in and around the first team and they're still playing great football. Levitt and Ramazani are the brain and heart of this team, special mention to Laird who seems to create at least 2/3 chance alone every game.

Nikelesh Reddy

Top top performance from Ramazani....Levitt had a good game as well,albeit against a terrible team...