United Reach the FA Cup Final After a Semi-Final to Forget v Coventry - United Hour Podcast

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I dunno about you lot, but I had a mixture of rage, disappointment, disgust and confusion after that yesterday...

Nik(@Rood) and Imran(@Annihilate Now!) discuss one of the most unvictorious semi-final victories of all time after United beat Coventry 4-2 on penalties, after giving up a three goal lead to draw 3-3 in normal time.

https://x.com/United_Hour/status/1782439510355095825

What were your thoughts on that then troops? Anyone at the game? What did you make of that yesterday?

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, social media, Patreon, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Hope you guys enjoyed the episode! Any questions or thoughts for next time?

Matt Varnish

I dunno about you lot, but I had a mixture of rage, disappointment, disgust and confusion after that yesterday...

Nik(@Rood) and Imran(@Annihilate Now!) discuss one of the most unvictorious semi-final victories of all time after United beat Coventry 4-2 on penalties, after giving up a three goal lead to draw 3-3 in normal time.

https://x.com/United_Hour/status/1782439510355095825

What were your thoughts on that then troops? Anyone at the game? What did you make of that yesterday?

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, social media, Patreon, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Hope you guys enjoyed the episode! Any questions or thoughts for next time?
I just feel it was a very hollow victory.
It seems rather ironic that in the week the FA scrapped replays a semi-final was lost by a VAR ruling, and won on penalties

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I just feel it was a very hollow victory.
It seems rather ironic that in the week the FA scrapped replays a semi-final was lost by a VAR ruling, and won on penalties
History books also show Fergie's first United trophy FA Cup '90 was won with both a semifinal AND final replay !

Mark Robins is famous for his 3rd round goal Vs Forest but more importantly scored the extra time winner in the semi replay Vs Oldham Athletic at Maine Road

Amir

It wouldn't have been so bad had it been a one-off occurance and we'd have gone on to the final optimistic that we could beat City. You can have those days and it's OK if you win at the end.

But this was a direct continuation of what we've been seeing for a while - and worse, because it was a massive collapse on a big stage against Championship side - and also showed why we're very likely to lose another final to City. So it's kind of hard to find the positives unless you're an extremely optimistic supporter who'll actually be spending the next month believing we could pull it off.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'm starting to believe that no realistic manager option out there could do enough in two seasons to secure the job, the 24/7 coverage nowadays wouldn't allow for it. It's going to take a leap of faith from upper management to get the manager across the line.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

How can @Rood and @Annihilate Now! think Arsenal is the lesser of three evils? City's success I can live with rather well.
Despite feckwits like Morgan, for me Arsenal is by far the lesser of the evils

You realise that City would now break our record with 4 in a row?
The only thing with City's wins is that it is all under the banner of *115 charges

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Despite feckwits like Morgan, for me Arsenal is by far the lesser of the evils

You realise that City would now break our record with 4 in a row?
The only thing with City's wins is that it is all under the banner of *115 charges
City are basically writing a different book, their exploits are for a different section and easily ignored. Arsenal are adding a chapter to the same book that United belongs to.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
City are basically writing a different book, their exploits are for a different section and easily ignored. Arsenal are adding a chapter to the same book that United belongs to.
Well it's their first chapter in 20yrs and they are no threat to any of our records so I'll be backing them for this one but still expecting inevitable disappointment

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Well it's their first chapter in 20yrs and they are no threat to any of our records so I'll be backing them for this one but still expecting inevitable disappointment
City's treble barely registers in my consciousness, I guess it must give you nightmares?

You prefer these guys?!!!

Last edited:

Scanny

City's treble barely registers in my consciousness, I guess it must give you nightmares?

You prefer these guys?!!!
Over Cheaty or the Scousers? Yes I do prefer this lot considering they haven’t won in decades.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Maybe we need a poll - I just assumed pretty much all United fans would pick the Gooners over the other 2