United u18 - Nottingham u18

lysglimt

Scout
1-0 after 30 minutes played - Manny Norkett scored for us in the 13th minute

Wooster - Murray, Jackson, Aljofree, Nolan - McAllister, Oyadele, Moorhouse, Mather, Norkett, Williams -our team

lysglimt

Scout
Even accounting for U-18, that seems a really young side.
It is - but all our best U18s played for the U21 yesterday so....not many more to pick from. Haven't checked in details but I think there must be four 16 year-olds in the team.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It is - but all our best U18s played for the U21 yesterday so....not many more to pick from. Haven't checked in details but I think there must be four 16 year-olds in the team.
Yeah, I am a fan of the new strategy of fast tracking the very best of them up an age group. It just always strikes me when you see a group that young :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
2-0 at half-time. Williams in the 45th minute - assist by Murray

Drainy

McAllister the stand out player in defensive midfield. Just seems to get it. Positioning, ball manipulation, short passing. Really impressive.

Wheatley was good when he came on too. Berry looks tricky.

dutchred

Berry looks tricky.
Could he be related to Johnny Berry who was a tricky winger with the babes. Munich ended his career

Demaw

McAllister the stand out player in defensive midfield. Just seems to get it. Positioning, ball manipulation, short passing. Really impressive.

Wheatley was good when he came on too. Berry looks tricky.
Agree, McAllister is very clever and sees things way away of time. Definitely huge promise as written about. Oyadele looked good in patches, seemed to take a knock as well. Commentators raving about Murray but never been a fan of him. Mather, who I rate, was in and out of the game but I still feel he has that something that can be developed. Good to see Nolan, Williams and Kingdon for the first time. I know Williams scored but was hoping for a bit more from them. I realise they are also younger. Berry seemed to play up to the wraps he received, looked assured, big potential. I thought the 5 Jackson in defence?? seemed to read the game well and cut a lot out.
I actually feel that this team may struggle this season as well but with a lot younger more of a development year. Ennis is a big loss too.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
The two centre backs were impressive but certainly McAllister the pick for me

Mickson

Agree, McAllister is very clever and sees things way away of time. Definitely huge promise as written about. Oyadele looked good in patches, seemed to take a knock as well. Commentators raving about Murray but never been a fan of him. Mather, who I rate, was in and out of the game but I still feel he has that something that can be developed. Good to see Nolan, Williams and Kingdon for the first time. I know Williams scored but was hoping for a bit more from them. I realise they are also younger. Berry seemed to play up to the wraps he received, looked assured, big potential. I thought the 5 Jackson in defence?? seemed to read the game well and cut a lot out.
I actually feel that this team may struggle this season as well but with a lot younger more of a development year. Ennis is a big loss too.
It raised my eyebrows when they said he was "involved in almost everything last season" well, almost every goal conceded, maybe.

Demaw

It raised my eyebrows when they said he was "involved in almost everything last season" well, almost every goal conceded, maybe.
Yes, he seemed to be bullied a lot last season.

khoazany

Murray was underdeveloped physically but very contributing going forward.

Those kind of players might surprise you as when they develop their physique they gonna look totally different as a player.

It’s true that he was the weak link last season in the XI (if Pye was fit he wouldn’t start anyway) but it has never been about building a perfect team at this level. Players develop at different rate.

Demaw

Murray was underdeveloped physically but very contributing going forward.

Those kind of players might surprise you as when they develop their physique they gonna look totally different as a player.

It’s true that he was the weak link last season in the XI (if Pye was fit he wouldn’t start anyway) but it has never been about building a perfect team at this level. Players develop at different rate.
Very true, as I have mentioned before, I wasn't impressed with Mainoo when we first saw him in 18's and look how that ended up. :houllier: However, I'm not great on Pye either, they both just seem not strong or talented enough and not sure they ever will. I was never big on Jurado on the right and at this stage, am still correct. Look, if we can get Mainoo, Isaac, Oyedele, Jackson, Mather stepping up than that is a good group.

Beaucoup

Forest were very poor opposition, we'll get a better idea of the potential of this team on Saturday against Liverpool

khoazany

Defo wouldn’t be as strong as their Youth Cup squad as they have their best talents like Abbott (16) played up for the U21s. Obviously we have the trio Mainoo, Gore and Fredricson up there as well plus the quite heavy amount of injuries already.

Early days but Jackson gives me some hopes of breaking our curse of producing centre-backs.

Beaucoup

Defo wouldn’t be as strong as their Youth Cup squad as they have their best talents like Abbott (16) played up for the U21s. Obviously we have the trio Mainoo, Gore and Fredricson up there as well plus the quite heavy amount of injuries already.

Early days but Jackson gives me some hopes of breaking our curse of producing centre-backs.
I would be surprised to see Ennis and Curley back this season. I'm sure Mainoo, Gore and Fredricson will all drop down at some point as we did last season with the 2nd years. I'm also convinced a some of the 1st years will step up and surprise a few people, again like last years crop.

Thought Jackson struggled in the first half against the No9 but turned in around in the 2nd half, he's very much the opposite of what you would call a typical Utd academy defender, I also have high hopes for him, ultimately I think his football ability may let him down in the long run.

Bigsid

Forest were very poor opposition, we'll get a better idea of the potential of this team on Saturday against Liverpool
Two down already with the majority of players second years.

stealthy

16 year old Irish kid who scored 2 goals apparently a good prospect, think Liverpool picked up from Derry or Cork, might have missed on there with our Irish connections

Beaucoup

Utd really poor today, half the team aren’t good enough, we only look like scoring from set pieces

Last edited:

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I watched the game on Liverpool TV and whilst we had plenty of possession and chances...even more attacking play...we are really light up front in terms of quality at the minute. We missed loads of chances, wasted a lot of corners so a big improvement needed there. Be interesting to see how the season progresses and still too early to write anyone off.