United v Villa and Chelsea v City at the same time | Courteeners are w*nkers

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Does anybody else find this strange?

How often are 2 matches played on a Saturday at half 12 UK time?

Surely this match could have been played at 3 while the Newcastle match could could have been played at 12:30.

Am I missing something important here?

Last edited:

Gazza

Does anybody else find this strange?

How often are 2 matches played on a Saturday at half one UK time?

Surely this match could have been played at 3 while the Newcastle match could could have been played at 13:30.

Am I missing something important here?
In answer to your last question, it depends which one you watch

Angelinho

“Our home match against Aston Villa on 25 September has been brought forward to a 12.30 BST kick-off, following a request from Trafford Council Safety Advisory Group to move the game due to the Courteeners concert at Lancashire Cricket Club, Emirates Old Trafford, on the same day.

“This request was supported by Greater Manchester Police and TfGM to avoid significant crowd, traffic and operational issues locally.

“We regret any disruption that this may cause around our supporters’ plans for the day.”

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
“Our home match against Aston Villa on 25 September has been brought forward to a 12.30 BST kick-off, following a request from Trafford Council Safety Advisory Group to move the game due to the Courteeners concert at Lancashire Cricket Club, Emirates Old Trafford, on the same day.

“This request was supported by Greater Manchester Police and TfGM to avoid significant crowd, traffic and operational issues locally.

“We regret any disruption that this may cause around our supporters’ plans for the day.”
That answers my question then.

Case dismissed

Although, would a 7:45pm kick off not be possible for us?

redshaw

I don't ever remember 1:30pm saturday kickoff, let alone two. You must mean 12:30 and quoting European time?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are both going to be televised? That's a bit shite having them both together.

macheda14

Man United having to move a game because of a fecking Courteneers concert is a surprise.
I'm more surprised the Courteeners can still fill Old Trafford Cricket Ground. Haven't heard about them for a long long time. I guess Manchester is the only place they'd be able to fill a venue that big.