United vs Jeunes Garcons - Press conference

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Fred and McTominay
"I think they are great people, great people for the changing room. They prove a lot game by game.
"They don't get enough praise, always those who score goals do. They will get what they deserve. They are getting better and better.
"They give us stability and will have a bright future."
Matic

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Squad rotation
"I haven't finally decided (my team) but it makes sense we will rest a few players due to the crowded fixture list.
"We need to make sure we have as many recovered players as possible but also need the positive momentum.
"The first game in this group we lost at Young Boys so we need to make up for that."
Rangnick

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Champions League lure you to United?
"As you now, as a young student I studied at University and there has always been a special interest from my part in English football.
"When the offer came from Manchester United it was a no-brainer. A lot of good players here and to work with them for six months I couldn't possibly turn down."
Rangnick

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
What would be a successful season?
"Success can only be achieved with development. If we can develop team in next six months.
"(Sunday) showed how team can play. Still room for improve. The first clean sheet at Old Trafford since April, it was clear where the priorities should be.
"At the end successful hopefully means playing in the Champions League, and the FA Cup. Not an easy draw. It's like another Premier League game."
Rangnick

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Two coaching appointments confirmed
"It won't be that many. Very happy to work with staff I met last week, they gave me a lot of help.
"We have decided to bring in sport scientist with Sasha Lense, he will be introduced as soon as he has visa and work permit.
"I will also have another assistant coach with Chris Armas."
Rangnick

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Cavani and Varane ruled out tomorrow
"They both cannot play tomorrow but they were part of the traning today. Edi even yesterday, Rapha the first time.
"Expect them both in full training next week. Both top players. It is also about sustainability. It would be great to have them as soon as possible, but obviously for rest of season."
Rangnick

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Surprised club didn't already have sport scientist?
"Actually I don't know the situation in other clubs. In Germany most clubs has a sports scientist. For me it is absolutely logical.
"For me it is only a question of logic. Should have an expert for the brain. Not to put them on the red sofa and holding hands with the players, but for helping the players that the brain should assist the body. Everybody in our team should think in the right way."
Rangnick

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Confidence at the club
"As Nemanja said, if you win games it is the best tool to regain confidence. Last four games, three wins, one draw. It is about regaining confidence.
"Players have to buy in, I can tell them whatever I want. They need to make my idea of football their own. First step taken then it is about the next ones."
Rangnick

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Martial injured literally 2 minutes into the pressing regime. Color me shocked.

KingCavani

Of all Ole’s feck ups forcing Varane into his 2nd game in three days coming off injury was just unforgivable. It was obvious even at the time, it was clearly done out of desperation.

I’d have loved to see Cavani involved but better to be careful with it. I don’t think people appreciate how much of an upgrade he can be on Rashford as a striker in that 4-2-2-2. He knows exactly how to operate in that role.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Martial injured literally 2 minutes into the pressing regime. Color me shocked.
we should offer clubs a 2 for 1 - buy Pogba and get Martial free. I mean it is Christmas...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Of all Ole’s feck ups forcing Varane into his 3rd game in two days coming off injury was just unforgivable. It was obvious even at the time, it was clearly done out of desperation.

I’d have loved to see Cavani involved but better to be careful with it. I don’t think people appreciate how much of an upgrade he can be on Rashford as a striker in that 4-2-2-2. He knows exactly how to operate in that role.
I was thinking just that about Edi during the first half against Palace (I even think he might have nicked a goal at chelsea)

NotQuiteManc

Eased back to full fitness, the way it should be from the start considering the squad has (too) many players.

BestRed

Andy Ritchie and the other lad on mutv banging on about how we have to win tomorrow to top the group, do a bit of research boys ffs.

Spark

Andy Ritchie and the other lad on mutv banging on about how we have to win tomorrow to top the group, do a bit of research boys ffs.
Genuinely should be a sackable offence. Club's own station n all.