USC, UCLA to Join the Big Ten, Accelerating College Football’s Consolidation

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So stupid, but the PAC-12 brought this on with their atrocious TV contract and even worse PAC-12 network. This will be “great” for football, but the tensing sports are going to get fecked with travel. Really hate this even though it means I can actually watch SC games again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So stupid, but the PAC-12 brought this on with their atrocious TV contract and even worse PAC-12 network. This will be “great” for football, but the tensing sports are going to get fecked with travel. Really hate this even though it means I can actually watch SC games again.
tbf. LA is a pro-sports town. With the weather and the beaches, do kids really watch college sports? Though USC v Michigan/OSU would be juicy.

I imagine Pepperdine being the worse for student-athletes with 16 people showing up for their events.

All you need for basketball is to bring Kansas into the fold. You have all the legendary teams -- Indiana, Kansas and UCLA all in one conference.

But I suspect ND would be the more likely one -- their tie-in with the ACC is looking pittance right now.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
tbf. LA is a pro-sports town. With the weather and the beaches, do kids really watch college sports? Though USC v Michigan/OSU would be juicy.

I imagine Pepperdine being the worse for student-athletes with 16 people showing up for their events.

All you need for basketball is to bring Kansas into the fold. You have all the legendary teams -- Indiana, Kansas and UCLA all in one conference.

But I suspect ND would be the more likely one -- their tie-in with the ACC is looking pittance right now.
LA is a "Who is winning" town. I lived there in the Carroll days and back the LA was USC's town.

As for Pepperdie? Who care, you are literally living in Malibu across the street from the beach! Besides, the students, at least they used to, packed the stands for MBB games. I went to LMU and LMU/Pepp games were always sold out at both arenas.