Utd 18s vs Wolves

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Live on MUTV

Terrific run from Biancheri finds Missin who cant finish from the 6yard box. 6'

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Biancheri wins a penalty and scores. 1-0

Not sure what the Wolves player was doing going to ground, never really challenged for the ball and Biancheri just invited the collision

lysglimt

Scout
Wolves by far the best side we have met this season - really difficult to play again and we struggle to create chances. Still 1-0 with 25 minutes left to play

lysglimt

Scout
HUGE chance for Wolves - glances his header from 3 yards out. Lucky. Connor McLeod with the miss - the sensation he felt certainly wasn't the quickening.

lysglimt

Scout
And this time it's Angel with a header wide from 5 yards out - good cross from McLeod with Kurgan nowhere to be found

lysglimt

Scout
City 1-0 up against Liverpool just before the break

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We've been awful this half.

lysglimt

Scout
Caden Voice with his 2nd yellow in the 93rd minute.

AltiUn

Caden Voice sent off in the 92nd minute for Wolves.

lysglimt

Scout
2-0 Curley (90 + 6) Played through on the right and curls the ball past the keeper from 6 yards out

AltiUn

9 wins from 9 in the league, the U18s are flying. How Wolves have ended this game with no goals is beyond me.

lysglimt

Scout
9 wins from 9 in the league, the U18s are flying. How Wolves have ended this game with no goals is beyond me.
It's a Kind of Magic. If McLeod only had Ramirez next to him, this could have ended differently

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Our weakest performance of the season and we still won 2-0. Musa very wasteful today. Mantato and Curley played well. Biancheri will hopefully kick on, linked up well.

Remember the geese

Folk talking about that being a weak performance, yet all I saw was a performance of tremendous resolve. Wolves were very enthusiastic, well drilled, tenacious and relentless in the press. We were missing quite a few first choice players, yet battled hard to the end and found a way. Not scintillating of course, but it wasn't that type of match. Very attritional. To be admired really.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Folk talking about that being a weak performance, yet all I saw was a performance of tremendous resolve. Wolves were very enthusiastic, well drilled, tenacious and relentless in the press. We were missing quite a few first choice players, yet battled hard to the end and found a way. Not scintillating of course, but it wasn't that type of match. Very attritional. To be admired really.
Spot on.

Mickson

I'm very impressed by how the team acts. They're mature, rarely lose the ball and their decision-making is surprisingly good for their age. As a team, I can't remember that I've seen a better one in U18.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Missed the 2nd half but we easily could have gone into the break 2 or 3 up despite Wolves playing pretty well in the first half

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How's Mantato shaping up? I'm guessing he hasn't had too many chances lately with Amass playing LB and a number of good wing options in the squad? Where do people see his future?

lysglimt

Scout
How's Mantato shaping up? I'm guessing he hasn't had too many chances lately with Amass playing LB and a number of good wing options in the squad? Where do people see his future?
The "problem" that Mantato, Ogunneye and other fullbacks at United now are facing - is Harry Amass. Mantato looks a talented footballer, and he is almost a year younger than Amass so he has time on his side - but what Amass has shown in 3 months for United is head and shoulders above the other fullbacks at the club. He has a combination of skills with the ball, good decision-making, pace and good crosses. He has all the attributes of a modern fullback. When I see Amass I can't help but think of Evra, and as much as I like Mantato and others - I just don't see those qualities in him - or anyone else in that position. He still has the talent to go far, but has he got the talent to be a modern fullback at United ? Has anyone else than Amass that quality ? Probably not