Utd Draft: R1 - Himannv vs NM

With players at their career (not Utd) peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Himmanv

NM

Himannv Tactics

Tactics: 4-3-3

Generally the plan is to hit them on the counter, but this team can play as well if it gets more of the ball. The team is generally suited to counters but can also play out from the back and push up the pitch due to the skills of the personel.
Pogba has more of a free role here and less defensive duties so that he has the ideal situation to thrive in an otherwise hardworking team. He can drift centrally to get on the ball and make things happen and has cover provided by the industry of the surrounding players.

Willie Morgan:

Stewart Houston: More of a defensive fullback and can play as a CB as well.

NM Tactics

Tactics:
Feed RVP!

DF: Gregg is one of our best keepers. Vidic is the stopper. Greenhof was known as the ball player. Silvestre was good at LB before going full alien when he moved to CB. Brennan is a tough full back.. Good synergy

MF: 2 B2B with Ince and Scholes. Webb will sit deeper but was known as a passer.. Lots of bite in this midfield, along with everybody having an eye for a pass. The star is Scholes of course

FW: Mata and Sanchez will float. Both have played behind the striker and the flanks. Their job is to feed RVP. RVP is the main man. As Fergie said, if they can't find him, the rest of the team won't play.

The idea is to have several fluid playmakers (Scholes, Mata, Sanchez) who will find synergies to open the opposition up

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
When both teams have the same shape and style, and their best players in similar roles, it's quite hard to split.

Quite like the use of Webb in the 6 role, not sure if he ever played that deep (presumably not back in the day of 442), but it feels a good use of his on-the-ball strengths.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Going for Himannv. There's a lot of reliance on Silvestre to get forward here for NM and he was better as a CB - his attacking output was mediocre IIRC.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
while im one of the few that doesnt rate Alexis and Persie, NM still gets my vote as H-man midfield is abysmal

NM

I've given up in these drafts.. I don't understand how people vote. I enjoy the drsftimg and prepare to lose.. I think my midfield dominates this and we overwhelm the other team.. but let's see what others think!

NM

Going for Himannv. There's a lot of reliance on Silvestre to get forward here for NM and he was better as a CB - his attacking output was mediocre IIRC.
He was shit as a CB and much better as a LB imo. Past cafe threads back that up too..

Enigma_87

You know who
I've given up in these drafts.. I don't understand how people vote. I enjoy the drsftimg and prepare to lose.. I think my midfield dominates this and we overwhelm the other team.. but let's see what others think!
Personally I like your midfield better.

However I'm not sure how Webb translate into DM position and I'd probably have Scholes in his latter DLP role and Webb as b2b - easier for me to envision how it will work.

I don't really like Silvestre though. Don't rate him and had bad memories of him in United shirt in terms of contribution. At CB he was even worse but don't rate him at LB either.

To me Himannv definitely needs to improve the midfield, but I liked his flanks better especially Rafael providing width on the right.

Brennan was old school full back who from my limited knowledge of him had little offensive contribution and Mata needs support on the right.

Tight affair overall with one team having advantage over the other but slightly Himannv takes it for me.

NM

Personally I like your midfield better.

However I'm not sure how Webb translate into DM position and I'd probably have Scholes in his latter DLP role and Webb as b2b - easier for me to envision how it will work.

I don't really like Silvestre though. Don't rate him and had bad memories of him in United shirt in terms of contribution. At CB he was even worse but don't rate him at LB either.

To me Himannv definitely needs to improve the midfield, but I liked his flanks better especially Rafael providing width on the right.

Brennan was old school full back who from my limited knowledge of him had little offensive contribution and Mata needs support on the right.

Tight affair overall with one team having advantage over the other but slightly Himannv takes it for me.
That's the sort of explanation I can appreciate. I disagree on2 points (I saw footage of Brennan as an eg) and Silvestre.. But the rest I can understand.