VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Fitchett

Chris Kavanagh was a disgrace today as referee. Two clear handballs in the Palace penalty area not given. This is the same referee who failed to give an obvious penalty for handball against Fulham in the FA Cup last season, before VAR intervened. Today, Kavanagh gave Palace every 50/50 decision, as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Did Klopp say that the drew the wrong lines? Sounded like he had that confirmed at HT in his interview after the match.
Confirmed from who? There isn’t supposed to be any contact between match officials and players/staff at half time.

Silverman

Redknapp and co on Sky saying Jones' red was harsh. None of this sentiment when Casemiro got sent off against Palace last year and his wasn't as bad.

caid

Let's agree to disagree. Though I remain convinced that you'd be saying the opposite if it had been against United player :)
A lot of people did when it was casemiro to be fair. I was annoyed, no argument, thought there was very little force in the contact but I think i was relatively ok with the decision. I think its the kind of thing they should be harsh on above all other stuff

Josh 76

Just seen the moments in the Liverpool vs Spurs match and I think only the Diaz offside is the big error.

Jones' red card was justified. I think the idea that it's okay as he didn't mean it or his foot slipped on the ball doesn't make much sense. Intentional or not it was a nasty tackle.

Diaz offside looks like an obvious mistake, not sure how they've fecked that one up.

Jota's first yellow locked harsh but it was a foul and apparently he or Liverpool made a lot of fouls. Second yellow is a rash challenge.
Didn't the linesman put his flag up before the ball hit the net? If so, VAR cant over rule it. I presume that's why they didn't draw the lines.

Castia

Error confirmed

Wow

Neville pretty much saying it’s corrupt as feck. The commentary have VAR and can hear the conversations and they passed it off in seconds

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Gary Neville is so annoying, just shut the feck up and let her read the statement.

BootsyCollins

Didn't the linesman put his flag up before the ball hit the net? If so, VAR cant over rule it. I presume that's why they didn't draw the lines.
No, its when the ref blows the whistle i think they cant over over rule it, because then the play is stopped before the goal is actually scored. The play still goes on even of the linesman flags if the ref dont whistle.

cj_sparky

VAR should go back a review a few this season and double check.

Garnacho's one for us and others.

They can't even lie about not checking it, as Neville confirmed the VAR said check complete and they have access to the comms.

Castia

Gary Neville is so annoying, just shut the feck up and let her read the statement.
Nah he’s bang on

Im certain the Garnacho one was onside and people thought ETH was crazy for suggesting they used the wrong camera angle

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Although we won't be laughing when they have everything go their way for the foreseeable.

Josh 76

No, its when the ref blows the whistle i think they cant over over rule it, because then the play is stopped before the goal is actually scored. The play still goes on even of the linesman flags if the ref dont whistle.
If that's the case, then it's the worst VAR offside I've ever seen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In the balance of fairness I have to say that seems the worst VAR decision I've ever seen. Obviously delighted but I have to point that out
Nah, Fabinho utterly nailing someone high with his studs and getting away without a red was.

slored1

That is genuinely embarrassing. How have they "forgotten" to intervene? That's literally their fecking job?

90 + 5min

You could even see from international space station that he was onside.

This is not the first time. What I hate most is that you never see this kind of statements when it is about us. It is just brushed under the carpet.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They're winning the league after this. They won't get a single decision go against for the rest of the season now.

I'm just jealous, to be honest. They get a decision against them and it's like a loved one has been assaulted. There is ferocious backlash from fans, their puppets in the media, the manager, the players.

We get decisions against us and it's just a collective tut from fans, the manager and players.

C'est Moi Cantona

Unless everything can be as accurate as the goal line technology then it's not going to work.

They've tried it, and now it's time for someone with some big balls to admit it hasn't worked and scrap it.

saivet

So no lines, not because the technology fecked up...they just didn't check?!

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Why is the VAR tech in Epl so much worse than the one used in the world cup.

Castia

So no lines, not because the technology fecked up...they just didn't check?!
Its just mind boggling isn’t it

Neville said it’s been off all season, the camera angles everything aren’t right. He can hear the VAR discussion through his headset and they just passed the incident up in seconds

Remember when ETH said the Garnacho was onside and the camera angle was wrong? people thought he was insane…..