VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Dr. StrangeHate

I feel sorry for whomever they are playing next. Referees are going to be falling over backwards to facilitate Liverpool.

While we still have to pay for that Onana penalty.

Zed is not dead

I get that they’re angry at the disallowed goal, but the Jota red card is nonsense.
The player was very stupid to commit to a reckless tackle after already receiving a yellow. To me it would be incredible and outright unfair if they cancel Jota’s red card

The side netting

Just turned Sky Sports news on and there's a whole panel discussing the offside against Spurs last week, Jesus wept. Are we going to have an entire season of the media w*nking themselves silly over this, simply because it was Liverpool???

What about all the dodgy VAR decisions that have gone against us in these opening games? Not a fkin peep is being said about any of them.

Liverpool lost. Get over it. Plenty of decisions have gone their way over the years, so no tears are going to be shed by me.

90 + 5min

Just turned Sky Sports news on and there's a whole panel discussing the offside against Spurs last week, Jesus wept. Are we going to have an entire season of the media w*nking themselves silly over this, simply because it was Liverpool???

What about all the dodgy VAR decisions that have gone against us in these opening games? Not a fkin peep is being said about any of them.

Liverpool lost. Get over it. Plenty of decisions have gone their way over the years, so no tears are going to be shed by me.
It is called agenda.

RedRocket9908

Does anyone have the clip of Man Utd's disallowed equalizer this afternoon? Sky havent included it in the highlight package for some reason

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does anyone have the clip of Man Utd's disallowed equalizer this afternoon? Sky havent included it in the highlight package for some reason
Don't worry about this one, Martial was well off, and he touched it onto their defender for it to go in.

The bizarre thing was it took more than 2seconds to check it out.

RedRocket9908

Don't worry about this one, Martial was well off, and he touched it onto their defender for it to go in.

The bizarre thing was it took more than 2seconds to check it out.
Oh ok, I listened on the radio and they suggested he may have been behind the ball when it was played

cjj

Supports
Spurs

It helps distract from the fact that they lost because they self-destructed (incl. booting it into their own net).

Their own fans have been "celebrating" the Bissouma red today as if what happened in that other game was even remotely the fault of spurs, too. Liverpool have such a toxic fanbase

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I would be interested to see this interview.

I use to talk to a guy from Belgium who worked in football and he expressed the same opinion. He met and spoke to Marc Wilmots a few times, who was their national team's coach from 2012–2016. He was (apparently) very obviously clueless. Stories he heard from pros who were more closely involved with the national team set up only further confirmed this.

It's been a long time since I spoke to that guy so I don't remember all of the details, but Wilmots apparently barely watched football, and would do things like forget which club some of the players in the squad played for, and have to ask assistants what position they played and stuff like that.

Also Phil Neville has managed three teams...
I haven't been able to find it, as I did go to look for it. From memory, I think he was the Spurs manager at the time and he was discussing transfers and how things got handled - with the insinuation being that millions where being spent/offered without anyone really doing any due diligence, but this was common in football in all areas.

For me, with what I have heard and seen in football. I think top level football is essentially not that far off non-league football in regard to set up, bar analytics. However, rather than pocket change being used to finance it, it is billions.

Withnail

Just watching MOTD, for Sterling's goal they gave it, then restarted the game, then stopped it and checked for off-side. It wasn't off anyway but I thought they couldn't do that???

Eugenius

What exactly happened to the time-wasting crackdown? I seem to remember players getting several innocuous and anal bookings in the opening games. And now they don't care? Brentford were at it all game, unpunished.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What exactly happened to the time-wasting crackdown? I seem to remember players getting several innocuous and anal bookings in the opening games. And now they don't care? Brentford were at it all game, unpunished.
Someone recently made a complaint about playing too much football and as per usual they react by doing the wrong thing. That's my theory anyway.

arnie_ni

Neville and cara said this would happen when they had that sit down with Webb after about 2 game weeks.

Oscar Bonavena

A thought just occurred to me. Say gks time wasting on goal kicks, which is probably the most common source of time wasting. As well as issuing a yellow card, the gk forfeits the goal kick and the other team are awarded a free kick on the edge of the box with only 3 players allowed in the wall, and no one else is allowed in the box.

Watch time wasting at goal kicks go right down!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just watching MOTD, for Sterling's goal they gave it, then restarted the game, then stopped it and checked for off-side. It wasn't off anyway but I thought they couldn't do that???
YOU CAN’T DO THAT PAUL THERES LAWS THERES PROTOCOLS AND THAT REF WONT BE SEEN AGAIN THIS SEASON

The side netting

It helps distract from the fact that they lost because they self-destructed (incl. booting it into their own net).

Their own fans have been "celebrating" the Bissouma red today as if what happened in that other game was even remotely the fault of spurs, too. Liverpool have such a toxic fanbase
They have a toxic fan base because the media have blown smoke up their asses for more than 30 years now.

My brother was at the Liverpool game, he's a Spurs season ticket holder. He said he couldn't believe how on MOTD, Liverpool were made to look like they were all over Spurs, even with 9 men, said it was absolute b0ll0cks.

I live down on the Essex/London border and I don't know of any other club other than Liverpool, that can bring the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Chelsea fans together in agreement despising them. The only thing that comes close is the 115 FFP hanging over City.

erikcred

No, they stopped it after restart because the check was still on-going and the ref jumped the gun.

It's incredible that they actually got worse after the week they had. How did the ref restart it without getting confirmation that the check was complete?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No, they stopped it after restart because the check was still on-going and the ref jumped the gun.

It's incredible that they actually got worse after the week they had. How did the ref restart it without getting confirmation that the check was complete?
This is unbelievable, why are referees all so inconsistent and useless?

Dorris

Have they ditched the excessive added on time now? Not really watched any games other than United but 4 and 6 against time wasting Palace and Brentford seemed like old times.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Have they ditched the excessive added on time now? Not really watched any games other than United but 4 and 6 against time wasting Palace and Brentford seemed like old times.
It’ll be 2 and 4 in the next two games we’re chasing and back to 10 and 12 in the next two games we’re leading.

Withnail

The point is according to last week's shenanigans he can't stop it if he restarted it. But this week he can.

stevoc

It's actually ridiculous that for being a feck up, he's only barred from games featuring Liverpool. So, the other clubs are considered fair game for an incompetent referee?

It's almost akin to weaponised incompetence. Every knows someone at work who is considered incompetent and excluded from the difficult jobs while the rest have to pick up the slack.

Just be rid of referees who make monumental errors. I'm not talking about subjective 50/50 calls. Actual errors like the Diaz offside, everyone majorly involved has to walk for that.
Well either that or they are implying he has a bias against Liverpool. Neither is a good look.

Last edited:

stevoc

Surely it's just swings and roundabouts though. If United are ever on the end of a really bad VAR decision I have no doubt the media will be just as outraged and dedicate a week's worth of shows to highlighting the injustice of it all on United's behalf.

Like feck they will.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Haven't seen Bissouma's red. Was it the correct call?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
They just decide on a week by week basis which rules to bother with.
In the end VAR came into the game for giving fair decisions. So it should overrule any thing to give fair decision.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Should Pascal Grob have been sent off there for the foul that led to the Liverpool penalty?
I’d say there’s a case both ways. He’s pulling him back to prevent a tap-in. The point not made in commentary is that he’s also pulling on him to hook his body round to make the tackle. On balance I’d go for red because he can’t do A before doing B.