Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

Chipper

Adulterer.
Lost 3-0 at Preston last night. Proper squeaky bum time to see if they'll fall over the line to survival or not. 1 win and 6 points in 12 matches, 4 defeats in a row now.

Rotherham at home to Middlesbrough right now, 1-1. 'Boro just equalised and Rotherham are down to 10 men, still in the first half.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
And Rotherham lose, as expected.
They have two play off teams next to play, whereas Derby have Birmingham and Sheff We'd to play.
I think Rooney still fancies his chances of staying up with Derby, and if he does he should be applauded.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another loss. Only has a 29% win record.

Chairman Steve

Out of all the ex Utd players I’ve seen carry themselves publicly through interviews and whatnot, I would have put Rooney at the bottom of the list for future manager. Honestly thought when he retired, his weight would balloon up Ricky Hatton or Naseem Hamed style and he’d be an occasional pundit and future generations in 20 years time would say “that guy was a footballer?!”

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
4 points above the drop with the team below them, Rotherham, having 2 games in hand. They'll probably stay up but he'll be out at the end of the season surely. Lampard to return?

Maybe Rooney could be a striker coach here.

Lentwood

Derby will still probably stay up but only through sheer luck as Wednesday have had a points deduction this season.

I never really had Rooney down as the type to make a good manager and it seems the Derby supporters are almost unanimous in feeling he has to be sacked

Personally, I thought it was very naive to keep saying “we won’t go down”. What possible good can come of that?

dal

He needs to say that they won’t go down in his situation, now he needs to ensure they don’t,

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Out of all the ex Utd players I’ve seen carry themselves publicly through interviews and whatnot, I would have put Rooney at the bottom of the list for future manager. Honestly thought when he retired, his weight would balloon up Ricky Hatton or Naseem Hamed style and he’d be an occasional pundit and future generations in 20 years time would say “that guy was a footballer?!”
His weight I think is ballooning

He is gonna be a fatty for sure

Don't Kill Bill

And Rotherham lose, as expected.
They have two play off teams next to play, whereas Derby have Birmingham and Sheff We'd to play.
I think Rooney still fancies his chances of staying up with Derby, and if he does he should be applauded.
Bit of a travesty the goal that caused Rotherham's defeat if we were being honest. It is not often a goal stands after a challenge that leads to the keeper having a fractured cheek bone caused by a player leading with an arm. 23 seconds in on the video link below if anyone is interested.

Foul given all day in the premier league.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bit of a travesty the goal that caused Rotherham's defeat if we were being honest. It is not often a goal stands after a challenge that leads to the keeper having a fractured cheek bone caused by a player leading with an arm. 23 seconds in on the video link below if anyone is interested.

Yeah, should have been a foul all day long.
Can't see Rotherham getting anything against Brentford, the only game I think they will pick up points is against Luton.
Derby should be safe, but the game V Wednesday is crucial.

Don't Kill Bill

Yeah, should have been a foul all day long.
Can't see Rotherham getting anything against Brentford, the only game I think they will pick up points is against Luton.
Derby should be safe, but the game V Wednesday is crucial.
Yeah I think they are gone but you never know.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Wasn't that a different game? The lose as expected post was made when they had to play the majority of the match down to 10 men against 'boro on Wednesday.

Rooney was being hyped (by certain journos) as a future boss before he was even a coach. Goes without saying it was the same as the “next Pirlo” bs they started writing about him pure false propaganda, don’t know what they got in return.

Zoo

Going right down to last day for Wayne. Won’t be good for him at all if they go down to League 1.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Rotherham equalise late on to take a point against Blackburn, Sheff Wed draw 0-0 against Forest while Derby lose 2-1 away at Swansea having taken the lead. Wycombe with a good win against Bournemouth but they're down already really.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
They haven’t been in the 3rd tier for quite some time

Would not be good at all for Rooney

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
They play Sheff Wed next week for their last match of the season - lose and they are down.

Red Royal

Much as I rated him as a Man United player, I am kind of glad that this means he wont(at least shouldn't) ever be linked with the United job. Perod.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rotherham equalise late on to take a point against Blackburn, Sheff Wed draw 0-0 against Forest while Derby lose 2-1 away at Swansea having taken the lead. Wycombe with a good win against Bournemouth but they're down already really.
Yep. My boys Wycombe.

It's shocking how we've got this close, as we lost the first SEVEN games, and only won 1 in 10 to set the season going.

If we'd even held on to a 2-0 lead at Swansea a few games ago, we'd be properly in the mix on the last day.
Bonkers season. Just one draw to a win and we'd have had a supreme chance.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
They are going to get Relegated.

Rooney will never manage another decent level club again

acnumber9

Well that's probably true to a point but he's lost half of his games since he came in. He's hardly pulled up trees either.
Don’t get me wrong, I doubt he’ll make much of a manager, but I wouldn’t say it’s because of this season. My guess is he’ll be sacked if they don’t start next season well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I won’t count Rooney out just yet. He is more intelligent than I give him credit for.
I really don’t think he is. I saw that Gary Neville program where he talks a player through his career and watches his highlights and discusses the big matches, team mates, rivalries and off the pitch stories at the time and Rooney was just so vacuous.

In contrast Steven Gerrard of all people was on the next episode straight after and it was like night and day. He could hold a conversation with Neville, was introspective, good humoured and generally just a normal person. Rooney was like an 11 year old boy being asked questions by his mate’s Dad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really don’t think he is. I saw that Gary Neville program where he talks a player through his career and watches his highlights and discusses the big matches, team mates, rivalries and off the pitch stories at the time and Rooney was just so vacuous.

In contrast Steven Gerrard of all people was on the next episode straight after and it was like night and day. He could hold a conversation with Neville, was introspective, good humoured and generally just a normal person. Rooney was like an 11 year old boy being asked questions by his mate’s Dad.
Hmm. You are a scouse, aren't you?

Pickle85

He was always an odd gamble for them, wasn't he? Maybe they thought they could recreate Lampard's relative success but it hasn't worked. Promising start but faded badly. It'd be a shame to see them go down - I still see Derby as a 'big' Championship club but it seems that mismanagement and some poor hires could cost them. I'm sure they'll be back.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Have to agree. Rooney is the textbook definition of vapid.