Welbeck to play for Ghana?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
LeRoy To Fall On Danny Welbeck

AFTER the Black Stars failed in their bid to “host and win” the Ghana 2008 tournament as a result of the strikers firing blanks and failing to convert their chances, Ghana coach Claude LeRoy has decided to give 17 year old Ghanaian born Manchester United starlet, Danny Welbeck a shot at solving our perennial goal scoring problems.

Speaking to Kwaku Sakyi Addo on his “Frontpage” programme last Friday, the Frenchman said “I was told about this Manchester United boy, Danny Welbeck about two days ago and we might have to check him out and find out if he can play for us” Danny Welbeck is a highly talented, skilful player who can play out wide or up front and has been likened by Sir Alex Ferguson to former Arsenal forward Nwankwo Kanu for his manner of play. Alex Ferguson even considered him for selection in Manchester United's match against Manchester City after Wayne Rooney was suspended: "I may bring in the boy Welbeck, possibly from the start. The boy has a chance of making it. We think he has that temperament.” Fergie said. “He's got a smooth and languid style,” says Paul McGuinness, his coach at Under-18 level. “But don't let that fool you, because his style sometimes disguises the fact that he is a really hard worker.

Danny is a very talented and skilful player with good all-round technique. He's strong, quick, good defensively as well as going forward, and he's a real leader, too. He is a good personality to have around the dressing room.” Welbeck played a prominent role in Manchester United's Under-18s' run to the FA Youth Cup final in 2006/07 when he was a schoolboy. He's also represented England at youth level by being called into the national team's Under-17s squad.

Last Thursday Welbeck scored a consolation goal as Man. United Reserves' long unbeaten run came to an end against Blackburn Rovers. Welbeck's late strike was nothing more than a consolation after United were incredibly denied by the woodwork on four occasions. Welbeck was a whisker away from giving United the lead after four minutes, but dragged his improvised shot wide after a neat exchange with strike partner Chris Eagles.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/soccer/artikel.php?ID=139603

Hasn't he already been capped for England? :confused:

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Not a bad idea actually, the England squad is packed and I doubt he would get regular chances unless he really is a wonderkid and can start week in week out for United. The likes of Danny Simpson and Jamie O'Hara can't even get a game for U21's.

Btw, Heskey is the first black superstar for England i'm afraid.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Same situation with Agbonlahor and Nigeria a year ago.

He was born in England but his father is Nigerian.

Ivor Ballokov

At under 17 level. Meaning Ghana can still snatch him. I hope they don't though...I want him to be England first genuine Black superstar. Plus United's first home grown, English star foward in ages
what the feck, who cares if he is black or not, just plain daft.

As for wellbeck he is only 17 there is no need for him to decide yet, he seems to have great potential so he may as well go down the England route.

Alex

what the feck, who cares if he is black or not, just plain daft.

As for wellbeck he is only 17 there is no need for him to decide yet, he seems to have great potential so he may as well go down the England route.
My thoughts as well