Welbeck's injury.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I was a little concerned when I learned what kept him out over the summer was a hole in his tendon (tendonitis). I don't know much about it, is it usual for this problem to become chronic like it has with Hargreaves or is that just shit luck? Danny's injury was detected very early and responded well to treatment. Glad to see he played the full match for the reserves today.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes, this sort of injury often becomes chronic.

The key difference for Danny is that he'll be able to be given the rest he needs to give him the best chance of getting over it. Unlike Hargreaves.

That said, he wouldn't be the first wunder-kind to have his career wrecked by a chronic injury during his formative years :(

Alex

Also Danny is very young which is favorable in many types of injuries

Ace

Just watched the Bury highlights.

He's filled out a lot this summer.

I reckon he might develop into a bit of a bruiser. Which will make him a nightmare to defend against. This pleases me.
Link to the highlights?

Coca Cola

One balled wonder

I reckon he might develop into a bit of a bruiser. Which will make him a nightmare to defend against. This pleases me.

He´s quite tall so I wouldn´t be surprised if he was a big, strong guy in the future, Rossi for instance is so short, he was never gonna be a physically dominant player.

Good to hear he´s filled out, I have high hopes for this guy. I just hope the injury doesn´t hamper his development

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

That's good. From the little I've read about tendonitis strong supporting musculature seems to be key.