What’s Real Madrid’s secret?

IrishMcD

Standards. They’d never accept the likes of Lindelof, McTominay etc being at their club for season after season.
The fans hound the club if results drop, club chase best players/highest potential players in the world.
All that plus their history and their location, that’s why they are what they are.

Luke1995

2014 to 2017
Thank you! I was watching some recent Madrid matches (2019 to 2023) and it's impressive how many times the ball goes through him still even in his latter years.

What strikes me is how he always tries to move the ball forward and under pressure he is so calm aswell, just keeps hitting that ball.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
A question for Madrid fans or anyone who has watched closely.

Which season or specific games can Toni Kroos be seen at his absolute peak ?
Hmm, feck that is a difficult one. He is incredibly consistent for over a decade now. I think the lesser seasons were 2019-2021, but the entire team wasn’t doing that great so that might cloud my memory.

This season he gets cover by the younglings covering ground (poor Fede :lol: ), but it allows us to play him and he controls the game. The Girona game comes to mind this season at home. I don’t think he misplaced a single pass. Just distributing the ball from deep without breaking a sweat. One of the smartest players I’ve seen.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Standards. They’d never accept the likes of Lindelof, McTominay etc being at their club for season after season.
The fans hound the club if results drop, club chase best players/highest potential players in the world.
All that plus their history and their location, that’s why they are what they are.
Standards. They’d never accept the likes of Ole or ETH to be given more than 2 years.
Eth would have been sacked for finishing bottom of that CL group immediately.
In the 41 years since Munoz left the club, the 31 full-time Real managers have lasted an average of one year and four months, or 70 games.

Last edited:

Luke1995

Hmm, feck that is a difficult one. He is incredibly consistent for over a decade now. I think the lesser seasons were 2019-2021, but the entire team wasn’t doing that great so that might cloud my memory.

This season he gets cover by the younglings covering ground (poor Fede :lol: ), but it allows us to play him and he controls the game. The Girona game comes to mind this season at home. I don’t think he misplaced a single pass. Just distributing the ball from deep without breaking a sweat. One of the smartest players I’ve seen.
Thank you aswell!

The thread is what's real madrid's secret but actually Kroos may be a good part of the answer in regards to the not so distant past :lol:

IrishMcD

Standards. They’d never accept the likes of Ole or ETH to be given more than 2 years.
Eth would have been sacked for finishing bottom of that CL group immediately.
In the 41 years since Munoz left the club, the 31 full-time Real managers have lasted an average of one year and four months, or 70 games.
Agreed with that as well mate